Re: sims 4 game crashing

by kreatora

Original Post

sims 4 game crashing

★★★ Newbie

So, more and more recently my game has been closing just out of nowhere and I'm not really sure why or what to do about it. It's been really aggravating as every time it happens I lose hours of progress unless I save like every 4 minutes. It's really puzzling because I could be doing anything such as building or playing the game in live mode for any amount of time and then the screen just goes away and the game is no longer running. I have a few CC and mods which I downloaded many months ago but this problem hasn't arisen until like a month from now. I really want to go back to just playing the game without being completely worried that the game will close and all my "hard work" (A.K.A, imprisoning my neighbors) will be lost, having to redo it all over again.Disappointed

Message 1 of 3 (362 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Lately I've had this problem too, and I talked about it with a friend of mine. It kind of resolved by itself but now I have a consistent glitch that won't go away regardless of if I restart Origin, restart the game, or even restart my PC. I don't know what to do and it literally crosses a diagonal on my screen as well as a bar.

Message 2 of 3 (349 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Yucina8512210

@woeschgirl 

After the last patches, a lot of mods and CC are incompatible with the game. Unless it is a fault of the system then your crashes are caused by such outdated mods.

Move the mods folder to the desktop.

Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder

Fix the game in Origin.
Origin/Library -right click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.

Turn on the game to create a new, empty mods folder. Check if a game is working now without mods.

Look for new, current versions of mods
Then copy from desktop your mods and CC and paste it in the new mods folder. First, paste script mods every time checking if the game is OK. Do the same with CC but if you have a lot of this, try the 50/50 method

If it's about the system. The reason may be outdated graphics card drivers, Windows failed update, overheating computer what if it was not cleaned for a long time and more serious defects.
To find out what the problem is, I will need DxDiag of your computer.
To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/HOW-TO-DxDiag-for-Sims-3-PC-Only/td-p/1049584/
You can attach it to your post directly in option "Reply" - not "Quick Reply"

I don't work for EA

Message 3 of 3 (344 Views)