Re: sims 4 download on to USB

by FallenAngel1326

Original Post

sims 4 download on to USB

★★★ Newbie

hi, I really want to get sims 4 on my laptop but I don't have enough memory and was wondering if its possible to download it straight on to a USB/ memory stick. please help.

Message 1 of 6 (13,856 Views)

Hero (Retired)

User data is still going to be saved to the user/documents folder on the system drive. To answer your question the game core can be installed to an alternate folder but the user data is hard coded to the system drive. You can create a symbolic link and move the user data but the game is still locked to the computer you installed it on. This will make finding the user data more difficult - you have to remember where you put it. While it is possible I don't recommend using a usb drive due to the data transfer rate limited to the speed of your usb drive which is probably slower then a storage device connected to the drive controller in the motherboard. Get a larger hard drive and image your smaller drive to the new larger drive.

Message 2 of 6 (13,800 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi. Standard smile

How much space does the core data take up compared to the user data?

Because I have the same problem.

If there is space on my internal hard drive for the user data, and I only install the core data on the drive, will it then run smoothly?

BR

Message 3 of 6 (9,019 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

as long as u have at least 6 gig of ram and get a inexpensive external drive (with enough memory for game and saves) u should be okay i run a lap top with 8 gig Terra bit HD Ea says it won't work on lap top but i does with enough ram

Message 4 of 6 (9,003 Views)

@FallenAngel1326 here you have the system requirements for The Sims 4:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/the-sims-4-system-requirements/
Don't know what a "8 gig Terra bit HD" is......

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 5 of 6 (8,990 Views)

★★ Novice
Can u help me cause my sims don’t work on my computer cause I don’t have Tje right amount of GB but I have a USB (memory stick) with over 120GB would I be able to play/download sims 4 on to this
Message 6 of 6 (8,278 Views)