Re: sims 4 crashing upon startup

by Deadman_PlaysTTV

Original Post

sims 4 crashing upon startup

★ Novice

Hello, I just downloaded and installed Sims 4 for the first time (so no mods or nothing, completely stock game) and the game keeps crashing after clicking the start button after hitting play in origin. It starts to load but then crashes. I can't seem to find anything online not talking about a game without mods so help would be very much appreciated. Thank you

Message 1 of 4 (327 Views)

Hero

Hi @Deadman_PlaysTTV 

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (300 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

my DxDiag. I cannot see why I would have any issues as I do meet at least the minimum requirements for the game. I even run Jedi Fallen Order on high settings still getting above 60fps so I don't understand why sims 4 would be difficult.

Message 3 of 4 (284 Views)

Hero
@Deadman_PlaysTTV Are you using Afterburner and Rivatuner Statistics Server ?

The error in your DxDiag points to that being the issue for the crashes.

Turn them off while you play.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (267 Views)