sims 4 crashing nonstop

by lydia10008

Original Post

Accepted Solution

sims 4 crashing nonstop

★★★ Newbie

hi, i recently bought an acer laptop and i downloaded origin&the sims of course and it will not stop crashing, it’s not at certain points either..? sometimes it’s in build mode, cas, applying to university, loading screen etc, i’ve removed all my mods but have the lilsimsie save file cause i couldn’t make a sim without crashing so tested it out but nothing:/

Message 1 of 3 (336 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: sims 4 crashing nonstop

@lydia10008  The lilsimsie save file has issues that cause crashing for a lot of people, so please set it aside.  When you say you couldn't create your own sim, do you mean the game crashed when you tried to enter CAS, or save your progress, or move your sim to a lot; or did it just crash too quickly for you to make any progress?

As a test, please move your entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to this folder yet; just try to create a sim, move them in, and play for a bit in live mode.  Let me know how far you get.

Please also run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (291 Views)

All Replies

@lydia10008  The lilsimsie save file has issues that cause crashing for a lot of people, so please set it aside.  When you say you couldn't create your own sim, do you mean the game crashed when you tried to enter CAS, or save your progress, or move your sim to a lot; or did it just crash too quickly for you to make any progress?

As a test, please move your entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to this folder yet; just try to create a sim, move them in, and play for a bit in live mode.  Let me know how far you get.

Please also run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (292 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i removed the lilsimsie save file and it seems to be working!! i would be in the middle of making a sim through, just adding clothes and makeup but i could only finish one outfit and it would freeze and crash:/ i’ve played around and everything works fine now, went in cas too so i think it was just the save file sadlyFrown thanks for the help!!Standard smile

Message 3 of 3 (256 Views)