sims 4 crashing 2023

by 0327Haley

Original Post

sims 4 crashing 2023

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hello. My game has been crashing recently and im not sure why. I can play for about 30-40 minutes before it crashes. ITs unknown and very annoying. I have cc and mods, and all is up to date. Im not sure what the issue is but I would love to find a fix.

Thanks

Message 1 of 7 (6,401 Views)

Re: sims 4 crashing 2023

Hero (Retired)

@0327Haley   First thing I notice you have too little free space on your bootable system device.  Try freeing up space and see if that helps.

Message 2 of 7 (6,362 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@0327Haley 

Your graphics driver are  pretty old. I recommend that you visit nvidia.com to upgrade,

Like @roberta591 mentions you do not have  much free space on your C: drive. I recommend that you move something to your D: drive that has much more space.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 3 of 7 (6,350 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hey there again. So, I took your advice and tried to clear up space, but not much to do. I also updated my drive, but my game is still crashing. It actually crashed fasted then it had done previously. Very confused on why this is happening. Here is the new dxdiag file and hopefully will get some answers. Frustrating as I can't really play my game. 

Thanks 

Message 4 of 7 (6,230 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@0327Haley   You really need to know how the Windows operating system works to understand why 14.6Gb of free space is not enough. Not even close. Another issue is the power supply. Nvidia recommends a 450W power supply (YES I looked it up). The Dell ships with a proprietary 360W OR 500W power supply (YES I looked it up). You need to open the case and read the label. A 256Gb boot device will probably make a nice student/business computer.  The virtual drive may be using precious resources that you have so little of. Is there a reason you have the virtual drive loaded?

Message 5 of 7 (6,211 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have plenty of free space , like 200 GB or something... but my game keeps freezing and not responding. I just added the newest EP. And it all seems to be random. Game was playing fine until I had infants. I have two infants with a male mermaid sim who I keep inviting to stay over for a week at a time, to help raise them while my main sim works and goes to school. Game has frozen while infants were having tummy time, getting baths, or just sleeping. There's no specific action that is causing the freeze. I try to save and quit but the save never stops saving so I have contol alt delete the game and restart. I have never experienced crashes with Sims 4, but this reminds me a lot of Sims 2 and 3, where the expression save early, save often came to be.

Message 6 of 7 (2,090 Views)

@LoganIsSleepy  Please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Please also let me know whether a new save freezes as well.  I'm not saying you need to get rid of your current save, only that this is a useful test.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 7 of 7 (2,078 Views)