sims 4 control shift c not closing

by MotherLethe

Original Post

Accepted Solution

sims 4 control shift c not closing

★★ Novice

i am having trouble with my cheat panel not closing. the screen dims when the cheat panel is opened and it was not doing that before the update. how can i fix it. i did a repair on the file. in the middle of reinstalling it at this moment.

Message 1 of 5 (1,589 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: sims 4 control shift c not closing

Champion (Retired)

The cheat console closes if you type ctrl-shift-c again or press ESC. If you mean that the grey overlay does not disappear then this is caused by outdated mods.

Move your Mods folder to the Desktop and delete localthumbcache.package. Then test the game.

If it works now check for updates to your Mods and CC. Add it back a little at a time while testing until you have found all that are broken.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (1,568 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

The cheat console closes if you type ctrl-shift-c again or press ESC. If you mean that the grey overlay does not disappear then this is caused by outdated mods.

Move your Mods folder to the Desktop and delete localthumbcache.package. Then test the game.

If it works now check for updates to your Mods and CC. Add it back a little at a time while testing until you have found all that are broken.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 5 (1,569 Views)

★★ Novice

thank you ill give that a try

Message 3 of 5 (1,545 Views)

★★★ Guide

I just built a new machine, everything is new, almost a complete fresh install of Windows10  except i only have Origin Open and Sims 4 open, I cannot use Control Shift and C on this machine, so impossible to get to the console box. Tried the right hand shift Shift and CTRL C combos, abolsutely useless. Either S4 should remap it or fix it

Message 4 of 5 (1,436 Views)

Hero
@Citysim9997 Do you have an AMD Card ? If so, check in the settings if that's overriding

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (1,434 Views)