Re: sims 4 content gone and cc won’t appear

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

sims 4 content gone and cc won’t appear

★★★ Newbie

So this morning i decided to go on my laptop and try open sims as i haven’t in a few months. first problem was it told me i had to repair or reinstall the game, i first reinstalled origin then repaired the sims game on the origin app. suddenly i went back on the game as if it reset everything, all my saved families are gone, my cc won’t show up even tho i went onto settings and made sure it was enabled. ive tried most things to fix it but NOTHING IS WORKING, i also noticed that on my electronic arts folder there is a “Sims 4” folder AND a “The sims 4” folder both in there, and in “The sims 4” folder none of my mods are in there. pls can someone help this has completely ruined my game and i have no idea what to do!!!!!!

Message 1 of 4 (597 Views)

Accepted Solution

@Izzywwx  Are your saves and mods in the folder labeled "Sims 4"?  If so, you can simply move them to the folder labeled "The Sims 4," which is the one the game reads.  It won't find user content (saves, mods, etc.) if it's anywhere other than inside the "The Sims 4" folder.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (569 Views)

All Replies

@Izzywwx  Are your saves and mods in the folder labeled "Sims 4"?  If so, you can simply move them to the folder labeled "The Sims 4," which is the one the game reads.  It won't find user content (saves, mods, etc.) if it's anywhere other than inside the "The Sims 4" folder.

Message 2 of 4 (570 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Some houses armt showing up but most of all is I GOT MY CC BACK!! thank you so so much, i’ve been trying to fix it for about two days 😅

Message 3 of 4 (549 Views)
Highlighted

@Izzywwx  I'm so glad to hear that.  If the houses you're missing should be in the in-game library, the associated files are supposed to be in the Tray folder.  So you can move the files from Tray inside the "Sims 4" folder into Tray inside the "The Sims 4" folder as well.

Message 4 of 4 (531 Views)