Re: sims 4 closing randomly

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

sims 4 closing randomly

★ Novice

I just bought the game yesterday but it seems to close randomly without any warnings during game play. Please help.

Crashes when starting the game initially after creating a character.

can only play below 5 minutes

no custom mods

Message 1 of 4 (310 Views)

@Sluf_Gaming  Please try playing while your computer is offline: this will help distinguish among different categories of issues.  You can put Origin in offline mode, then disable wifi and/or disconnect the ethernet cable before pressing Play.

Even though you've only just started playing, please move the entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, thereby letting the game create a fresh one the next time it loads.

If you get another crash, please let me know what antivirus you use, and whether you're able to play any other games on this computer without problems.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (270 Views)

★ Novice

Hey,

thank you for your time to reply to my problem.

I tried your proposed solution but the game is still closing with no reason. I do not use any antivirus. Just use the windows defender. I do play rocket league on this computer also. That is why it is so mysterious to me why sims 4 keep closing on me.

Message 3 of 4 (234 Views)

@Sluf_Gaming  Please try clearing Origin's cache:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

and repairing the game: open your Origin game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.

If that doesn't help, please try playing in a new Windows admin user account.  Make it a local account, as in, don't sign into your Microsoft account or to OneDrive, and don't sync with any other accounts you have either.  You'll be able to use your existing Origin account, and you shouldn't need to redownload the game.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (217 Views)