sims 4 cheat not working after update

by tinybitmarvellou

Original Post

Re: sims 4 cheat not working after update

Champion (Retired)

@selpup

Please answer the question. Have you tried using testingcheats true and then after that using the skill cheats? Are no skills cheats working or some of them?

Not working?

If you have mods/cc in your game, remove all of them to see if the game works better.
For example, move the mods folder from C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 to your Desktop and start the game.

Open your Origin client and go to My Game Library, right-click The Sims 4 and choose Repair.

Originrepairgame.PNG

Message 21 of 30 (8,253 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Same thing with me I am doing the promotion cheat and nothing is happening. The box has been coming up but when I type in (careers.promote Barista) it will not promote my teen sim.
Message 22 of 30 (8,233 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@rubysimmer1

Different cheat for that one.
Try careers.promote Teen_Barista

Message 23 of 30 (8,227 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Het im having the same problem but when i do testingcheats true it says cheats enabled then i do motherload then nothing happens 

Message 24 of 30 (8,211 Views)

Champion (Retired)

That is because it should be motherlode instead.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 25 of 30 (8,210 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi all,

I have the same problem after the recent update. After pressing Shift+Ctrl+C to enter cheat modeI've tried using the Stats.fill_commodities_household cheat on its own or after entering TestingCheats True. In either case, the cheat command to fill all my sims needs doesn't work anymore. I wonder if EA did it deliberately. 

Message 26 of 30 (7,844 Views)

Champion (Retired)
This is not related to this old thread but is a known issue after the latest patch. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/COLLECTION-THREAD-Issues-with-Cheats/m-p/6872475#M63501
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 27 of 30 (7,839 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I don't want to point fingers without knowing for certain. It might be a glitch in the update. I'm having the same problem with the skills cheats.

All the other main cheats I use seem to be working (traits, relationships, no needs decay, etc).

Whatever the cause, we can only hope it be resolved soon.

Message 28 of 30 (7,799 Views)

★★★ Novice
I'm having the same issue with the skill cheats too.
Message 29 of 30 (7,771 Views)

EA app Team
Hi @lillylove96, @GatorPicked,

Unfortunately, other players are reporting having issues with cheats after yesterday's update as well.

As this is a really old thread, I'm closing it. Please, use the thread jpkarlsen linked as that's where we are talking about current issues: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/COLLECTION-THREAD-Issues-with-Cheats/m-p/6872475

Thank you, and welcome!
-Mai
Message 30 of 30 (7,736 Views)