Re: sims 4 can't drink bar drinks

by crinrict

Original Post

sims 4 can't drink bar drinks

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.101.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Realm of Magic, Vampires, Get to Work, Get Together, Outdoor Retreat, Cats & Dogs, StrangerVille
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? have sim order drink or make a drink
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim does not order drinks at the bar even after resetting sim. At home, sims can make drinks but will not drink them. In pie menu the options are freshen drink, clean up, put in inventory
What do you expect to see? sims should order drink at bar and then drink it. At home sim should be able to drink any bar drink made.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. this happened after installing the Realm of Magic

As noted above my sims will not order drinks at any bar, nightclub or lounge. Cannot force them to drink as option to drink is no longer available. Bar drink made at home are left untouched as the option to drink is not available.

Message 1 of 14 (12,241 Views)

Hero
@neuroticnelly Did you test this without any mods/cc installed ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 14 (12,225 Views)

★★★ Novice

this happens to me too. helpppp!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 3 of 14 (12,166 Views)

Hero
@annabelrichison Are you using mods ? Did you remove them ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 14 (12,159 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yes I turned off the mods and only 1 npc took a drink. I've put the mods back on and so far so good.

Message 5 of 14 (12,144 Views)

★ Apprentice

i have this problem too ever since i downloaded realm of magic i have mods but nothing that affects drinks like custom drinks or drunk mods and turning off my mods didn't help either npcs can order drinks just not my sims

Message 6 of 14 (11,845 Views)

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 14 (11,830 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I can not do exactly the same. It is annoying. It all started after Realm Of Magic. 😔 I tried without mods too. Nothing solved it. I repaired too and I did factory reset too. It must be ingame problem. I have no other idea.

Message 8 of 14 (11,049 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@neuroticnelly do you have the <removed> mod? I learned it was this mod causing the glitch with my system. I have deleted the mod and everything works fine.

(Edited to removed name of mod per forum rules.)

Message 9 of 14 (11,017 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@neuroticnelly  @ClaireTheSalt  @rosaide767 

Tested in my game and had no issues with the ability to drink bar drinks.
I used a mix of elder and young adults that included both spellcasters and non-spellcasters.

All were able to order and / or mix their own drinks and drink them.

Mods and custom content (CC) can be fun to use but unfortunately they cause unexpected results.
They need to be updated by the creators to continue to play nice with the game.

If you have them try removing (not disabling) mods / cc (custom content) and delete the localthumbcache.package and any other cache files.
Test the game to see if the issues are still there.

If there are no mods at least delete the localthumbcache.package and any other cache files.

Testing on a vanilla (no mods/cc) folder is the best way to investigate causes of issues.
Instructions are in the link below:
Troubleshooting tips
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/READ-FIRST-Troubleshooting-your-Game/m-p/3621199

- EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA
All packs installed and patches are current.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 10 of 14 (10,981 Views)