Re: sims 4 camera spinning too fast

by Real_Rosie_Maru

Original Post

@Bethan33991  To disable Origin in-game (not Origin, just the in-game overlay), open Origin, then hover over your username in the lower left corner.  Select Application Settings, then the Origin in-game header.  Disable the option at the top.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 21 of 30 (1,912 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict Thanks! Totally fixed my game!
Message 22 of 30 (1,880 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@crinrict Thank you, this helped me a lot.
Message 23 of 30 (1,712 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My game is spinning to fast and when editing the sim it doesn't stop when I stop moving my mouse.

Message 24 of 30 (1,548 Views)

@TDE2017  Try disabling any overlays you have running: Steam, Discord, etc.  Disable Origin in-game as well: hover over your username, select Application Settings, then the in-game header, and disable the option at the top.

Message 25 of 30 (1,539 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have this issue intermittently, and now it's back in full force, which, coupled with everything else wrong with this game lately, makes it impossible to play. 

I've done everything suggested in this entire thread, and other threads, and the camera still spins too fast to interact with the interface. 

Message 26 of 30 (1,370 Views)

@ilyahna  It would be really helpful if you could post a dxdiag and a video of the spinning camera in this thread:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Camera-spins-too-quickly/td-p/9845307

Instructions for the dxdiag are in the first post; feel free to use whatever video capture program you want.

Message 27 of 30 (1,355 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having a similar issue, but I'm hoping it isn't my mouse because it was very expensive and I don't want to have to pay for another.  I have a Razer Basilisk mouse, which has very high sensitivity.  I turned all of the sensitivity settings down though and I still am spinning at astronomical speeds.

Message 28 of 30 (914 Views)

@raainyydaayyss  Please try the other suggestions in this post:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Camera-spins-too-quickly/td-p/9845307

If nothing helps, please post the requested info in that thread.

Message 29 of 30 (893 Views)

★★ Novice

THANK YOU for this. This issue has been driving me insane and what finally fixed it was turning off my Discord game overlay.

Message 30 of 30 (849 Views)