Re: sims 4 button glitch

by abbiluvskittens

Original Post

sims 4 button glitch

★★ Novice

Hello, yesterday after the new update these buttons seemed to glitch out, i have already cleaned out broken CC/Mods and have uninstalled/reinstalled the game as well as deleting the localtumbcache file but nothing seems to be working. 

Message 10 of 403 (27,316 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same issue except its also bugging my build buy menu too! So, I can't tell what I'm clicking on. 

Message 11 of 403 (27,264 Views)

@diorminhyuk and @abbiluvskittens  Please delete any user interface mods (e.g. UI Cheats) as well as any mods by TwistedMexi, delete localthunbcache.package (again), and test.  If you still see any issues, move your entire Mods folder to the desktop, delete localthumbcache yet again, and test.  As long as you don't save your progress, your custom content shouldn't be permanently removed from your saves, but you can test on a new save instead if it's easier.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 12 of 403 (27,249 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you!! Deleting my TwistedMexi things help with the problem Standard smile

Message 13 of 403 (27,240 Views)

Idk why, but all my icons are completely glitched out

★ Novice

I added new cc a while ago and didn’t even know the game updated until I started the game up, and when I tried to load a game and play one of the households

I see this and all the other icons glitched like crazy 😅

Message 14 of 403 (20,544 Views)

Re: Idk why, but all my icons are completely glitched out

★ Novice

When you update your game make sure you take your mods out couse it can effect the game what i say what you do is take all your mods onto your desktop in a new mods folder and get rid of the old one and put the new folder with all your mods back into your electronic arts folder. Then for next time in Orgin turn off automatic update and take out your mods folder, update it then put it back in. Hope this helps!

Message 15 of 403 (20,535 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i have the same problem rn because the sims automatically updated but i just rn even made a new sims 4 folder and put my mods back in and my saved and tray files it’s still the same should i take out saves and trays maybe? idk what to do

Message 16 of 403 (20,506 Views)

★★★ Newbie

and yes i also moved out my mods folder and updated it already and turned off automatic updates

Message 17 of 403 (20,505 Views)

★★★ Newbie

all my icons look like this my options also look like that especially when i’m playing the game

Message 18 of 403 (20,503 Views)

@elizabeth776

The issue is mods. Only add them back into your game if the creator has updated them to be compatible with the current patch level. You should also trash the localthumbcache.package file.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 19 of 403 (20,484 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help