sims 4 already running

by curiearundel

Original Post

Accepted Solution

sims 4 already running

★★★ Novice

I've looked up this problem in other threads and nothing seems to be working. The problem is what it says on the tin: I try to launch the sims 4, get an error message that it's still running. The problem started thursday, up to and including wednesday it worked fine. Now I get the Already running error message when I try to start the game. The EA-folder is set to share as it should be, so that is probably not it. I just ran a repair on the game and it seemed to download everything just fine, but when I then tried to start the game, the error message again. I've also deleted origin and installed the latest version to no avail. I tried Dragon age and that worked fine. 

What else can I do? 

Message 1 of 7 (504 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: sims 4 already running

★★★ Novice

I did, but it didn't make a difference. 

In the end, I uninstalled and reinstalled the game via Origin, and that seems to have done the trick. Been able to open the game three times now, and so far no error message. 

View in thread

Message 5 of 7 (417 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@curiearundel What security software are you using ? Did you check that already ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (462 Views)

★★★ Novice

I use Norton, but I checked and Norton seems to allow the game as normal

Message 3 of 7 (452 Views)

Hero
@curiearundel Do you have your user files on an external drive or something along these lines ?

Could you turn off Norton just for testing to see if that makes a difference ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (429 Views)

★★★ Novice

I did, but it didn't make a difference. 

In the end, I uninstalled and reinstalled the game via Origin, and that seems to have done the trick. Been able to open the game three times now, and so far no error message. 

Message 5 of 7 (418 Views)

Hero
@curiearundel That's good to hear. Hope it stays that way.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 7 (410 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict me too. Thanks for your help!
Message 7 of 7 (400 Views)