[sims 4] I can't right click on my sims

by DaniqueSw

Original Post

[sims 4] I can't right click on my sims

★★★ Newbie

I have seen this answered a few times, but none of these solutions seemed to work for me.

While in gameplay, when I right-click on my sim, nothing happens, I don't know what I did for it to stop working because it worked before. I already repaired my game, reinstalled it, took all my cc out of my game and removed all cache files, but even only with base game and EA packs, it does not work.

Does anyone know what else I can do to fix it? Because at this point, I see no fun in playing anymore.

I'm on PC if that helps, btw. Thanks!

Message 1 of 5 (5,645 Views)

Re: [sims 4] I can't right click on my sims

@DaniqueSw  With no mods and no cheats, right-clicking on a sim does nothing.  Is it possible you had a mod adding commands on right-click, and that mod is no longer working?  Mods can get outdated with patches.

If you're thinking of the testingcheats options, when the cheats are enabled, you need to shift-click on the sim to see the various options.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 5 (5,601 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@DaniqueSw Right click isn't working for me either... Not for locking in to Sims, not for testing cheats, not for anything. This wouldn't be such a big deal if they would fix the garden plants... Mine go back to root ALL THE TIME. So I just go into testing cheats to fix the glitch, or one of the SEVERAL OTHER GLITCHES, and it isn't an issue. I'm trying to repair it now. I just downloaded the May 13 patch and that's when it stopped working.

I forgot, my computer itself just did an update too for windows 10.

@ repaired, restarted, cleared the cache. All seems to be well now.

Message 3 of 5 (5,238 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes, same thing for me fixed game and re installed everything atp I’m not sure what it is 

Message 4 of 5 (4,640 Views)

Champion

@vlonery Hello!  What is it that you're trying to do exactly?

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 5 of 5 (4,584 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help