sims 4 I can’t add another parent in CAS

by Bee9908

Original Post

sims 4 I can’t add another parent in CAS

★★★★ Novice
Hi I have a problem with creating kids in CAS. I try to add a kid to already existing family but when I select the option to “play with genes” it says there is no other sim in this household. It doesn’t work only in two families, other families are fine. Does anyone know how to fix it?
Message 1 of 12 (4,936 Views)

Re: sims 4 I can’t add another parent in CAS

★★ Pro

Hi @Bee9908 

These 2 'problem families' could you explain the family connection of them, I have had similar issues once but worked out the families were related as in (all siblings) or similar.

Let me know if you still need help

Sasha

nb: If this solves your question, please mark the reply as having been the solution, so as to help others with a similar problem in the future. 
I have no connection to EA

Message 2 of 12 (4,933 Views)

★★★★ Novice
They are not siblings or cousins. Both are married couples. It is possible for them to get pregnant by “try for baby” interaction, but I cannot add kids in CAS, I can only create a kid of one of my sims.
Message 3 of 12 (4,933 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@Bee9908 Just checking the process you're using to edit them..

Are you using cas.fulleditmode  as in >  'testingcheats true [on]' > 'cas.fulleditmode'  Click Sim while holding shift > Clicked 'Edit in CAS' ?

Also, are they Adults, and do you use any mods or cc?

In the image below is what I have (with only 1 adult in the lot) when 'hovering over the sim' there are no other....

CAS adding sims 2018-03-18 21-24-23-302.jpg

Sasha

Message 4 of 12 (4,921 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I usually use CAS.fullEditMode and chose family from my gallery. However, now that i have typed it,it seems the CAS cheat doesn’t work. Maybe that’s the problem.
Message 5 of 12 (4,902 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice
I use CC but I have tried to remove them and it still didn’t work. They are all adults. Here is the photo. Sorry it’s not in English, but is says “there are no sims to chose from”.
Message 6 of 12 (4,900 Views)

★★ Pro

I still need to know your first steps, if it's Gallery to Cas to 'find and put in a household you don't need' cas.fulleditmode on anyway, but you do need to put in testingcheats true or testingcheats on for them to work

Message 7 of 12 (4,898 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I’ve just tried to put testingcheats true/on but it says the command couldn’t be executed.
Message 8 of 12 (4,893 Views)

★★ Pro

Confusing @Bee9908 your title says add a parent and your post says add a child, so adding a child you have to click on the parent (not the child like your picture shows) to add a parent / another sim from the gallery you just click the gallery and 'merge' then add the 'connection'

Message 9 of 12 (4,892 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I cannot add another parent to create their child, when I click “play with genes” it allows me to create a child of only one parent and I cannot add another parent to add to the gene pool.
Message 10 of 12 (4,885 Views)