sims 4 Adult child maintenance!!??

by Muninn14

Original Post

Accepted Solution

sims 4 Adult child maintenance!!??

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Will Sims 4 have the function of the origional sims to play as your children after they have moved out of your house in the same functionality of the origional sims. Because of the way you did sims 3, I was highly upset and no longer play sims because of that function not being the same. If the function isn't the same as the origional game the sims is dead to me. the real thing i want to know is if when my kids move out of my house will i be able to controll them in the same way i could in the sims 1??:womanfrustrated:

Message 1 of 11 (2,002 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: sims 4 Adult child maintenance!!??

★★★★ Apprentice

Poor crin.

There's no STORY PROGESSION feature in Sims 4. Meaning YOUR OTHER FAMILIES in your SAVE GAME will only AGE if you check the option in the GAMEPLAY OPTIONS.

They will no longer move out, get married, find jobs, hook up, skill up without your direct control

View in thread

Message 8 of 11 (2,061 Views)

All Replies

Hero

I don't know what you mean by the same was as you did in SIms 1 but there's no StoryProgression in Sims 4 and you can turn aging off completely or just let your household age. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (1,973 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I mean that you can play as your main household and your child's household and could play the both of them without any downsides unlike in sims 3. if you played the first sims you should know what i am talking about!! you could pause your main household while playing as your child's unlike in sims 3 when your child moves out you practically lose them.Confusedmileysad:

Message 3 of 11 (1,964 Views)

Hero

As I said, there's no story progression and you can turn off aging.

So you can play SIms 2 style (active household aging) or sims 1 style (no aging).

You can also turn off if you want SIms to move into the neighborhood.

They will still go about their daily lifes so when you come back, they might not be doing the exact same thing they have been when you left them but they won't move out on you or get married (that's what story progression means)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 11 (1,962 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

so what your saying is no its not the same its exactly how sims 3 is but with other facters and the hole resaon i play the sims is dowen the drain!! When I played sims or sims 1 I could play both my main and childs familys without them moving or doing anything, they would stay excatly how I left them when I wasen't playing them, That is what i'm wanting not this new Cra% that they keep doing what ever when i'm not even playing them now if I could turn that off I'd probley play sims again but if I can't the game is dead I no longer have any reason at all to play!! I mean why work so hard on all the your sims just to lose the ability to play them!!??:womanfrustrated:

Message 5 of 11 (1,952 Views)

Hero

No, I'm saying it's NOT like Sims 3. In Sims 3 Sims move away, get married and stuff but it's not like that in Sims 4. If you turn off aging. You can play them forever. They just move around the neighborhood having fun.

Best is if you give it a try.

You have 24 hours to play if you buy it on Origin. If you don't like it, give it back, no questions asked through the great game guarantee. Just make sure you give it back before the 24 hours are up.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 11 (1,943 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

can you play threw your family tree like you could in the first 2 sims games unlike when you play the sims 3 once your children move out there is nothing else you can do with them?? For Explample I could play my main have a child grow up and move out then I could have my child move into a house and marry him or her to a sim I made or liked in the game and play as my childs family that means to have them get pregnant and have kids for my main it would be there grandkids and I could do all this with out having to worry about my main doing anything with out me presant like well even going around towen they did nothing but stay how I had left them, Turning off aging woulden't that make it to were your sims no longer aged at all and thuse you coulden't even have them have kids because the kids woulden't age??

Message 7 of 11 (1,934 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Poor crin.

There's no STORY PROGESSION feature in Sims 4. Meaning YOUR OTHER FAMILIES in your SAVE GAME will only AGE if you check the option in the GAMEPLAY OPTIONS.

They will no longer move out, get married, find jobs, hook up, skill up without your direct control

Message 8 of 11 (2,062 Views)

Hero

@Muninn14 wrote:

can you play threw your family tree like you could in the first 2 sims games unlike when you play the sims 3 once your children move out there is nothing else you can do with them?? For Explample I could play my main have a child grow up and move out then I could have my child move into a house and marry him or her to a sim I made or liked in the game and play as my childs family that means to have them get pregnant and have kids for my main it would be there grandkids and I could do all this with out having to worry about my main doing anything with out me presant like well even going around towen they did nothing but stay how I had left them, Turning off aging woulden't that make it to were your sims no longer aged at all and thuse you coulden't even have them have kids because the kids woulden't age??

Sorry but I have no idea what your saying. A few dots here and there would help matters greatly. English is not my mother tongue and I can't help if you write like this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 11 (1,903 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Thank you for making it to were I understand that exactly what I was wanting to know!!:womanvery-happy:

so its almost like sims 1 again just a little more complex!!??

Message 10 of 11 (1,899 Views)