sims 3

by WeDoArt

Original Post

Accepted Solution

sims 3

★★ Novice

Hi Hi um my sims 3 doesn't seem to be downloading store content? I've tried every thing and I'm close to uninstalling the game, idk if the store content shows on the game launcher or if I have to enter the game, I've tried repairing the game files, I've tried seeing if it was a driver that was an issue, I've tried removing the DCCache and cleaning the DCBackup and I've tried moving the entire sims 3 folder and all that! what do I do??

Message 1 of 14 (637 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: sims 3

★★ Novice

Hi just thought I'd respond saying Thank you for the help and that my sister figured out what the problem was, it was our VPN! It must have been masking where the files were coming from. Thank you again for the help and sorry for taking up your time

View in thread

Message 10 of 14 (485 Views)

All Replies

@WeDoArt  Please move the Sims 3 user folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts (again), open the launcher to spawn a clean folder, download one store item, install it through the Downloads tab, and let me know whether it appears in-game.  Don't add any other content to the Sims 3 folder yet.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 14 (611 Views)

★★ Novice

It doesn't even appear in the download tab. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, I have tried that before, it still doesn't work even the second time. Sorry about wording, I'm bad at wording things ^^'

Message 3 of 14 (588 Views)

@WeDoArt  Are you downloading directly from the Store website?  If not, please try it.  When you click Download, you should get a pop-up asking which application you want to use to "open" the download; let me know if you don't see this.

Please also check your computer's Downloads folder for any items from the store.  If you find them there, you can move them to Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads, and the launcher should read them.

Message 4 of 14 (573 Views)

★★ Novice

I am downloading it from the sims 3 store, I don't get any pop ups asking which application, I have checked the my computers download folder and I can't see any store items in my downloads folder 

Message 5 of 14 (568 Views)

@WeDoArt  Try using a different browser.  Firefox has always worked well for me, but if you're already using it, Chrome or Internet Explorer (not Edge, the old IE) might work.  Please also make sure your browser isn't blocking pop-ups, as is commonly the case.  If the store page can't briefly open a blank page and then ask you which app to use, it can't even start the download.

If this doesn't help, try downloading into a new admin user account on your computer.  You can transfer the files to your current account later; the point is to try to get them downloaded in the first place.

Message 6 of 14 (564 Views)

★★ Novice

sorry for the late response, I had tried using other browsers and it didn't work, I hadn't tried the admin account thing till you suggested it, unfortunately it did not work, I do want to thank you though for taking the time to try and help me 

Message 7 of 14 (535 Views)

@WeDoArt  Do you have an antivirus that might be blocking the store?  Can you try using a different connection for your computer?  If it has wifi, you could use your phone as a mobile hotspot; make sure it's using data, not your home wifi network.

Message 8 of 14 (512 Views)

★★ Novice

I checked my anti virus and there was nothing to suggest it's blocking the store and I tried the mobile hotspot and it still doesn't download 

Message 9 of 14 (498 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi just thought I'd respond saying Thank you for the help and that my sister figured out what the problem was, it was our VPN! It must have been masking where the files were coming from. Thank you again for the help and sorry for taking up your time

Message 10 of 14 (486 Views)