Re: sims 3

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

sims 3

★★ Novice

So im a having a problem with launching the Sims 3. I do have most of the packs. But it keeps coming up as initialization failed (0x065d0274). Please help me!

Im playing on a Lonovo Windows 10!

Message 1 of 5 (296 Views)

@lucas_simming  What kind of install is this: Origin, disc, or Steam?  Have you ever installed the game on this computer before, or have you uninstalled one or more packs?

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 5 (293 Views)

★★ Novice

This is on origin! And is the first time downloading it.

Message 3 of 5 (268 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@lucas_simminghm, weird. I'm not good at tech, but maybe uninstalling and installing it again will help? I'm sorry if that is something you have already tried.

Message 4 of 5 (264 Views)

@lucas_simming  Please try running Origin as an admin: right-click on the shortcut and select "Run as administrator."  You can do the same with the Sims 3 shortcut, if you have one; otherwise, look for TS3.exe in the game's program files.  Unless you changed the default install location in Origin, the full file path would be:

Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\bin

If that doesn't help, make sure .NET 3.5 is enabled.  Hit Windows key-R, enter "appwiz.cpl" without quotes, and in the File Explorer window that opens, click "Turn Windows features on or off."  You'll see this:

Windows features (+.NET).png

Please make sure the box next to .NET 3.5 (highlighted in blue, in the first red box) is filled in, and if it isn't, click the box to allow it to install.

If that doesn't help either, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 5 (259 Views)