Re: sims 3

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

sims 3

★★★ Novice

hello I need to everyone who plays the sims 3 to see this because we need to get this message out there! sims 3 Is the best sims games lets be honest don't get me wrong the sims 4 isn't that bad but the sims 3 is way better but make it 64 bit for Mac and windows personally I use a a Mac so orgin you need to make it 64 bit for both platforms because nobody has a 32 bit computer! you told us you were gonna update it early 2020! is august 2020! its not January or February anymore!!!! I need to be honest sims 3 is so much fun!! I thought now we would be able to install it on both platforms! and I have a genuine question do they just not want us to play sims 3??????? no one likes that orgin you are all wanting people who wants to play sims 3 more than sims 4!! we payed for sims 3 not sims 4 and there will be sims 4 people who loves sims 4!! so give us both sims 3 and sims 4 so the community will stop complaining and orgin if you will think the complaining about the sims 3 its not gonna stop unless you fix it I am not bashing the sims 4!!! that is not my point I'm just saying all we want is the sims 3 to be 64 ON BOTH PLATFOMS if you just fix it there will be no more complaining you don't even have to update all the packs can we at least get base games!!!!! everyone who see this SPEAD THIS MESSAGE SO WE GET WHAT WE WANT its been issue through the years 

Message 1 of 2 (359 Views)

Re: sims 3

@smsims210  I've moved your post to the Sims 3 PC tech section.

The Windows version of Sims 3 is quite different than the new Mac version is going to be, so none of the work done to make the Mac version 64-bit would be relevant to a new Windows version.  And there's no real reason for EA to put any effort into a 64-bit Windows version, at least not now: Windows 10 has no problem running 32-bit apps, and there's no indication that will change in the near future.

If you want updates on the progress of the 64-bit update for macOS, here are the last two posts from an EA employee:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/the-sims-3-64-bit-amp-metal-release/m-p/9257271#M7664

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/the-sims-3-64-bit-amp-metal-release/m-p/9257271#M7664

I run Sims 3 in both macOS and Windows, and the Windows version works pretty well, considering.  I didn't have to do anything special to get it installed; the only extra step required was manually limiting my in-game framerates, which was simple enough.  Also, for what it's worth, under normal circumstances, the base game only doesn't use nearly enough memory to justify a 64-bit update.  It's only when you start adding a bunch of expansions that the ~3.5 GB RAM limit becomes a nuisance.

I agree it would be nice to have a 64-bit Sims 3 for Windows, I just don't think it's going to happen any time soon.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (320 Views)