Re: sims 3

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

sims 3

★★ Novice

Hi i was wondering why there isnt an escavator for the junk yard..and I was wondering why you cannot place management in there.  I know people who run these machines, including loaders, it would be nice to put them places like that..is there someplace i can find one?...thank you...

Message 1 of 5 (384 Views)

@stargazer1000  I've moved your post to the Sims 3 PC tech section.

Are you talking about the Miner that sims can build with a high inventing skill?  If so, you might be able to place it using buydebug.  Go to Edit Town, click on the junkyard, select Build/Buy on this lot, bring up the cheats console (ctrl-shift-C), enter "testingcheatsenabled true" without quotes, then "buydebug on" without quotes, and click on the category with the question mark.  Check both the Buy and Build catalogs, as some buy objects only show up in the Build category for some reason.  Be sure to undo the cheats (buydebug off, then testingcheatsenabled false) when you're done.

If that doesn't work, you could try having your sim family buy the junkyard and then place a Miner or two.  Once your sims own a venue, you can add items from the household inventory to the lot.

If you're talking about some other object that's not in the game, you'd need to ask about mods or custom content on another site.  I don't know of any similar objects, but you could ask at NRaas or Mod the Sims; maybe someone there will have a suggestion.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 5 (362 Views)

★★ Novice

HI no im simply asking for an object like a vehicle to be set inside the junk yard...do you know what an excavator is?...Its a large truck, like a back hoe to dig and ad on a shear or whatever you need to move and load trucks with..I don't know what you mean by a miner..

Message 3 of 5 (351 Views)

@stargazer1000  Yes, I know what an excavator is.  But I wasn't sure if you meant an object that already in the game, or some new content.  There's no excavator in the game.  A decorative object would be custom content, but if you wanted it to function, you'd need a mod, and I'm not sure one exists.

You can see a screenshot and description of the Miner here, about halfway down the page:

https://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/skills/ambitions/inventing/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 5 (349 Views)

★★ Novice

No i was just looking to set in heavy machinery, I cant find one, and didn't understand why one wasn't placed as a junk yard usually has a loader or both at a junk yard,.should have that option to place one, just makes it look more realistic..

Message 5 of 5 (341 Views)