Re: sims 3

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

sims 3

★★★ Newbie

Hi, 

I dowloanded Sims 3 to my new laptop. The game downloanded properly but when I try to open the game after the intro game shut down without any error. My computer send me a notification which is the most apropriate resoluton is 1920x1080. I repaired my game but it didn't help. Also i can't download custom content via launcher.

Message 1 of 4 (362 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have that happen to me sometimes. Usually for me the game is still in the task bar like I have an application open, and I’ll click it back into my game like nothing happened. So maybe the game just minimized instead. It’s usually my laptop that gives me a resolution notification that makes my screen go black for a few seconds, and force-exits my game.

If your computer actually closes the game completely then that’s a predicament. But normally it’ll keep ‘running in the tray’ and everything seems fine. I don’t get the Resolution Notification all the time, and I have tried to adjust it, but it could just be Windows 10 and your video card freaking out over an older game.

Message 2 of 4 (349 Views)
Highlighted

@Natropa  If this is in fact a crash, and not just a case of the game minimizing, the first thing to check is whether your computer has .NET framework 3.5 enabled.  Hit Windows hey-R and enter "appwiz.cpl" (without the quote marks) into the box.  In the File Explorer window, click "Turn Windows features on or off," and you'll see this:

Windows features (+.NET).png

The entry in blue, in the first red box, should look like it does here.

If that doesn't help, please run a dxdiag on your computer and attach the results to a post here.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 4 (340 Views)

★★ Apprentice

One idea is you can right click on the Sims 3 shortcut and choose Run as Admin.

Makes it impossible to change a certain setting within the game if it won't run. If you can get it to work, see if unselecting Full Screen in the game settings helps when next time you try to open the game. Also unselect Interactive loading screen, I think that's what it called, been a while since I last looked at that.

Message 4 of 4 (301 Views)