sims 3 wont play on macbook pro

by gabbyz150

Original Post

Highlighted

sims 3 wont play on macbook pro

★★★ Newbie

I have the 13 inch MacBook pro with retina display. I've installed the game through origin but it wont load anything except for the welcome screen and a blue screen with the sims 3 logo after clicking the play button... I've uninstalled and reinstalled it multiple times and the same thing keeps happening and the game can only be closed by forcing the application to quit. I don't have anti-virus running, I close all other application when I tried to play it and I don't use CC/Mods. I was hoping to find an answer to this problem, thanks!

details about my mac:

2.9GHz dual-core Intel core i5

8GB 1866MHz LPDDR3 SDRAM

256GB PCle-based Flash Storage

Intel Iris Graphics 6100

Message 1 of 2 (231 Views)

Re: sims 3 wont play on macbook pro

Hi @gabbyz150,

As @Bluebellflora advised here your issues are caused by Intel Iris Grpahics, TS3 have lots of issues with that chip becasuse it's not officially supported.

You can also try a game reset. To do it:

-Go to Documents\Electronic Arts and drag "The Sims 3" folder to desktop.

-Start the game.

========
XP = "Thank you!" / "¡Gracias!"
"Accept as solution" = "This solved my problem!" / "¡Esto ha solucionado el problema!"
Please note I don't work for EA, I'm just a player like you, trying to help other players. / Ten en cuenta que no trabajo para EA, solo soy un jugador tratando de ayudar a otros jugadores.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

No trabajo para EA, solo soy un jugador tratando de ayudar a otros jugadores. No respondo mensajes privados, Permite que otros puedan beneficiarse de la información.

I don't work for EA, I'm just a player like you, trying to help other players. I do not reply private messages.

Message 2 of 2 (214 Views)