Re: sims 3 wont launch

by bunbun021

Original Post

Accepted Solution

sims 3 wont launch

★★★ Newbie

Sims 3 won't launch (I click the "play" button and Origin disappears and then reappears in a span of 2 seconds) and I have tried the following so far,

• cleared cache
  • clicked on the "repair" and "update" buttons in Origin for TS3
  • uninstalled and reinstalled origin
  • uninstalled and reinstalled TS3
  • uninstalled and reinstalled .NET 3.5
  • reinstalled Direct X (though this might've caused more problems as you can see with the Dxdiag files attached below)

In the 060822 file (taken on 06/28/22) the only error I received was

Windows Error Reporting:
+++ WER0 +++:
Fault bucket 128992955579, type 5
Event Name: CLR20r3
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: sims3launcher.exe
P2: 1.0.0.0
P3: 568d485b
P4: Sims3Launcher
P5: 1.0.0.0
P6: 568d485b
P7: 93b
P8: 129
P9: System.DllNotFoundException
P10:

Now, after reinstalling Dirext X, (in the file DxDiag) I received another error

+++ WER2 +++:
Fault bucket INVALID_REQUEST, type 0
Event Name: WindowsServicingFailureInfo
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: 10.0.19041.1737:1
P2: 0x800F0984 0x800F0984 Matching binary: license.rtf missing for component: amd64_microsoft-windows-l..fessional.resources_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.19041.1766_ja-jp_42b04037482c81e6
P3: ??›????????????????????????????????????????????????
P4:
P5:
P6:
P7:
P8:
P9:
P10:

What can I do to fix these errors?

Message 1 of 5 (744 Views)

Accepted Solution

@bunbun021  The errors are actually listed in the opposite order, as in, WER0 is the most recent entry.  And that entry is the error for the DX9 issue.  If you didn't go through this entire process to install it:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/SIMS-3-GAME-WON-T-LAUNCH-WINDOWS-10/m-p/10711778#M2478...

please do so: it's possible that your system extracted the installer but didn't run it, meaning DX9 was never reinstalled.

But before you do that, please run a couple of basic checks on your Windows system files:

• Hit Windows key-X
  • Choose either “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Windows Terminal (Administrator),” whichever option is offered
  • Inside the window that appears, copy and paste “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth” without quotes into the window, and enter
  • The system will start validating soon. If it throws an error, please list it here
  • After it reaches 100%, hit Windows key-X again
  • Again, choose “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Windows Terminal (Administrator)”
  • Inside the window, copy and paste “sfc /scannow” without quotes into the window, and enter
  • Post the message you receive here

Restart your computer, hit Windows key-i, select Update & Security, and click the box to check for updates.  If any install, restart again afterwards.

This should help with the other error you've listed.

By the way, the driver for your graphics card is a bit old.  It's not the reason you can't play, but you may want to update anyway.  You can get the newest driver from Nvidia here:

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/190552/en-us/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (727 Views)

All Replies

@bunbun021  The errors are actually listed in the opposite order, as in, WER0 is the most recent entry.  And that entry is the error for the DX9 issue.  If you didn't go through this entire process to install it:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/SIMS-3-GAME-WON-T-LAUNCH-WINDOWS-10/m-p/10711778#M2478...

please do so: it's possible that your system extracted the installer but didn't run it, meaning DX9 was never reinstalled.

But before you do that, please run a couple of basic checks on your Windows system files:

• Hit Windows key-X
  • Choose either “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Windows Terminal (Administrator),” whichever option is offered
  • Inside the window that appears, copy and paste “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth” without quotes into the window, and enter
  • The system will start validating soon. If it throws an error, please list it here
  • After it reaches 100%, hit Windows key-X again
  • Again, choose “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Windows Terminal (Administrator)”
  • Inside the window, copy and paste “sfc /scannow” without quotes into the window, and enter
  • Post the message you receive here

Restart your computer, hit Windows key-i, select Update & Security, and click the box to check for updates.  If any install, restart again afterwards.

This should help with the other error you've listed.

By the way, the driver for your graphics card is a bit old.  It's not the reason you can't play, but you may want to update anyway.  You can get the newest driver from Nvidia here:

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/190552/en-us/

Message 2 of 5 (728 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Okay, I attached the messages I received from both powershells below, updated everything, properly ran the Direct X installer, and updated my graphics card. My updated Dxdiag is attached below.

Message 3 of 5 (714 Views)

@bunbun021  DISM and sfc did their job, and the new graphics driver is installed properly, but there are no new errors in your dxdiag.  That just means that whatever is preventing Sims 3 from launching isn't throwing an error.  Have you ever had two EA/Origin accounts merged?  Do you use a third-party antivirus, and if so, which one?

Please also try launching the game through the EA App.  It's still in beta, but sometimes it allows Sims 3 to load when Origin won't.  You don't need to uninstall Origin; just make sure it's closed before launching the App.  You can download it here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/FAQ-EA-Desktop-Beta/td-p/9090992

If this does work, please let me know whether your installed packs show up in the launcher, that is if you've installed any packs.

Message 4 of 5 (691 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much! TS3 is launching from Origin now! It seems like I just needed to give my PC time to register that Direct X installed. I did download and install the EA app just in case. But all of my packs (Late Night and the Loft pack) showed up in the launcher.

Message 5 of 5 (658 Views)