Re: sims 3 won't install on Mac, but apple stores states it for pc and Mac.

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

sims 3 won't install on Mac, but apple stores states it for pc and Mac.

★★★ Newbie

When i go to the apple store to purchase sims 3 on my mac, it states I have it already but when I try to play on my mac it wont let me install it?

Message 1 of 4 (392 Views)

@xxDesheahuntxx  I wasn't aware you could buy Sims 3 from the App Store.  Could you post a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Within Origin, if you own Sims 3, there should be two separate icons for the game, one for the old 32-bit version and one for the new version, which will say 64-bit on it:

DL 64-bit.png

If your Mac runs Catalina or Big Sur, you can only install the 64-bit version.  Let me know if you don't have that entry in your game library.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (375 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict It worked for me thank you! There's a pink line in my game tho do you know how to get rid of it
Message 3 of 4 (372 Views)

@xxDesheahuntxx  The pink line appears to be common on M1 Macs.  I haven't seen a good solution, but you can try changing resolutions or switching between fullscreen and windowed mode.  If cmd-return doesn't work for the latter, try bringing the cheats console (cmd-shift-C) and entering "fullscreen" or "fullscreen off" without quotes.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (367 Views)