Re: sims 3 university

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

sims 3 university

★★★★ Novice

Hey!

Playing sims3 university, when I send my sims from the family via computer/phone to university they wont show up in the university neighborhood so I can't play with them there. 

I have uninstalled and installed the game again.

Please help, I want to play sims 3!

Message 1 of 2 (455 Views)

Re: sims 3 university

@ErriFirst  The travel transition breaks often, leading to exactly what you're seeing.  Without mods, the only thing you can do is lower the stress on the game engine as much as possible.  Here's how:

• Empty your sims' inventories as much as possible.  A few items is fine; a hundred is not.
  • Use "save as" to rename the save, then quit (without saving) immediately before you want to travel.
  • Load the game just to the Main Menu.  Turn off memories, the in-game shopping experience, and the hidden object interactive loading screens.
  • Lower all the graphics settings to the minimum.  (You can revert to your normal settings after the travel transition.)  Now quit the game again, without loading a save.
  • Delete the five cache files in your game folder in Documents: CASPartCache, compositorCache, scriptCache, simCompositorCache, and socialCache.
  • Empty out everything in FeaturedItems as well.
  • If you play through Origin, sign in and then put Origin in offline mode.  Either way, disconnect your computer from the internet—turn off wifi and/or pull the ethernet cord.
  • Now launch your game, load the save, and send your sims to the future right away, as soon as the game clock starts moving forward.

Let me know whether this works.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (418 Views)