Re: Re:SOLUTION!!! sims 3 there was an error during startup please see the log f

by ghostsandbugs

Original Post

Re: Re:SOLUTION!!! sims 3 there was an error during startup please see the log f

★ Novice

What am I supposed to do after I expand these folders in the registry?

Message 31 of 42 (6,325 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I found that what fixed for me was if you are on Windows 8 that you need to run the game in compatibility mode for Windows 7 and run it as an administrator then it works. I tried all the other solutions and this is the one that finally worked.
Message 32 of 42 (6,075 Views)

Re: sims 3 there was an error during startup please see the log for more details

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I tried what you suggested smileyface33366 and it didn't work. Any other ideas?

It worked fine until I downloaded the date night content...I don't know how to fix it. Anybody have any ideas?

Message 33 of 42 (5,474 Views)

Re: sims 3 there was an error during startup please see the log for more details

★★★ Newbie

I have windows 10 so? idk if thats the problem

Message 34 of 42 (5,324 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had a similar issue- Try deleting your entire Sims 3 file (Hopefully you are ok will completely restarting, because that will happen- if you are sure it's not an issue with your mods or custom content you can take those out). Start up your Sims 3 launcher. Then exit out of it and view your EA folder- a new Sims 3 folder should have appeared. (If you saved files, I recommend not putting them back in until you have opened Sims 3 successfully.) Then, re-open Sims 3 and press play. It should work fine if you had my issue.

Hope this helps! Embarrassed

Message 35 of 42 (5,317 Views)

★★★ Newbie

mine doesnt have a ddc file, it has dcb and dcc what do i do?

Message 36 of 42 (5,269 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I cant even find this file, none of them name TS3.ex_ either.

Message 37 of 42 (5,212 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
I had this issue before but now it solved, THANK YOU VERY MUCH
Message 38 of 42 (4,709 Views)

★★★ Newbie

If,on the other hand, everything you have done DO NOT apply to your game like I happened to do,PLEASE RE-INSTALL THE LATEST UPDATE.,VERSION 1.64
This will fix almost everything.Have a good day,and enjoy playing!

Message 39 of 42 (4,473 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Found a possible fix! I tried everything in this thread and had no luck - until I looked through the registry more thoroughly. If anyone sees this and nothing has helped: there may be more folders with the same name that has extra packs in them, only they won't be in the same sub folders so they're easy to miss. What I did was uninstall all packs + the base game, then I went into the registry and deleted the folders as described earlier in the thread. After that I scrolled down further and found another folder named "sims" where one pack remained, so I deleted that as well. I also went into Origin Games and deleted one expansion pack that had 'dd' in the name, BUT!, before I did any of this I made sure to export/copy the folders to my desktop (right-click, chose the export option, name file and save) so I had backups just in case. I would advise you to do the same. Now the launcher starts for me just fine Standard smile

Message 40 of 42 (3,930 Views)