Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Re:SOLUTION!!! sims 3 there was an error during startup please see the log f

by Gimmecookies1151

Original Post

Highlighted

Re: Re:SOLUTION!!! sims 3 there was an error during startup please see the log f

★★★★ Novice

What am I supposed to do after I expand these folders in the registry?

Message 31 of 42 (3,003 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I found that what fixed for me was if you are on Windows 8 that you need to run the game in compatibility mode for Windows 7 and run it as an administrator then it works. I tried all the other solutions and this is the one that finally worked.
Message 32 of 42 (2,753 Views)

Re: sims 3 there was an error during startup please see the log for more details

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Newbie

I tried what you suggested smileyface33366 and it didn't work. Any other ideas?

It worked fine until I downloaded the date night content...I don't know how to fix it. Anybody have any ideas?

Message 33 of 42 (2,149 Views)

Re: sims 3 there was an error during startup please see the log for more details

★★★ Newbie

I have windows 10 so? idk if thats the problem

Message 34 of 42 (2,001 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

I had a similar issue- Try deleting your entire Sims 3 file (Hopefully you are ok will completely restarting, because that will happen- if you are sure it's not an issue with your mods or custom content you can take those out). Start up your Sims 3 launcher. Then exit out of it and view your EA folder- a new Sims 3 folder should have appeared. (If you saved files, I recommend not putting them back in until you have opened Sims 3 successfully.) Then, re-open Sims 3 and press play. It should work fine if you had my issue.

Hope this helps! Embarrassed

Message 35 of 42 (1,994 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

mine doesnt have a ddc file, it has dcb and dcc what do i do?

Message 36 of 42 (1,944 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

I cant even find this file, none of them name TS3.ex_ either.

Message 37 of 42 (1,889 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
I had this issue before but now it solved, THANK YOU VERY MUCH
Message 38 of 42 (1,384 Views)

★★★★ Novice

If,on the other hand, everything you have done DO NOT apply to your game like I happened to do,PLEASE RE-INSTALL THE LATEST UPDATE.,VERSION 1.64
This will fix almost everything.Have a good day,and enjoy playing!

Message 39 of 42 (1,150 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Found a possible fix! I tried everything in this thread and had no luck - until I looked through the registry more thoroughly. If anyone sees this and nothing has helped: there may be more folders with the same name that has extra packs in them, only they won't be in the same sub folders so they're easy to miss. What I did was uninstall all packs + the base game, then I went into the registry and deleted the folders as described earlier in the thread. After that I scrolled down further and found another folder named "sims" where one pack remained, so I deleted that as well. I also went into Origin Games and deleted one expansion pack that had 'dd' in the name, BUT!, before I did any of this I made sure to export/copy the folders to my desktop (right-click, chose the export option, name file and save) so I had backups just in case. I would advise you to do the same. Now the launcher starts for me just fine Standard smile

Message 40 of 42 (607 Views)
sims-four-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help