Re: Re:SOLUTION!!! sims 3 there was an error during startup please see the log f

by siakitty

Original Post

Re: Re:SOLUTION!!! sims 3 there was an error during startup please see the log for more details

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have been having the same problem so I tried vladymiria's solution - it didn't work Frown

After that I just went into "the sims 3" folder (not the copy folder)

> Computer > OS ( C: ) > Program Files > Origin Games > The Sims 3 > Game > Bin

Found the TS3.ex_ and simply changed that to TS3.exe (it prompts telling you if you change the file name it may not work correctly, do you still want to change?) Say yes....of course. The icon changes - double click and it worked.

I won't have a chance to play until tomorrow so I don't know if there are any glitches, I'll let you know.

Message 11 of 42 (59,810 Views)

Re: Re:SOLUTION!!! sims 3 there was an error during startup please see the log for more details

★★ Novice

I also have to add, it took a few seconds to start up - I didn't think it worked at first but after about 10 seconds it started.

Message 12 of 42 (59,803 Views)

Re: sims 3 there was an error during startup please see the log for more details

★★★★★ Newbie

I was just about to give up and tried your solution. Thank you! This worked for me. For me it was under Libraries/Documents/Electronic Arts. Now it lets me go to the launcher to update the game.

Message 13 of 42 (59,030 Views)

Re: Re:SOLUTION!!! sims 3 there was an error during startup please see the log f

★★ Novice

my file was already named TS3.exe and I am getting the same error message.

Message 14 of 42 (55,740 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

i had this same problem, no solutions worked. then i discovered the problem is in the registry! the base game entry in the registry is pointing to the wrong location! i also recommend you note down the location that it thinks its in becuz your update files will probably be there and you'll have to move them manually!

i think the update patcher does this if your game is installed anywhere other than the default location which is C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Sims 3 if i remember correctly

incase you dont know or forgot

• Expand the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder.
  • Expand the SOFTWARE folder.
    • For 64-bit systems, expand Wow6432Node
  • Expand the Electronic Arts folder.
  • Expand the Sims folder.

Message 15 of 42 (55,125 Views)

Re: sims 3 there was an error during startup please see the log for more details

★★ Novice

The same thing happened to me, and this really helped!

@bcanimus wrote:

This is a frustrating issue, but I suggest that before you spend hours un-installing re-installing and messing around with your registry and such try clearing the game cache files first.

1) Go into your main boot drive and go into the Users folder - find the folder matching your account name and go in.

2) Once inside go into: Electronic Arts / The Sims 3 / DDCache

3) Delete missingdeps.idx

Then finally, cross your fingers, and try running the launcher after this.  Good luck!

Message 16 of 42 (54,740 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Mine was under Libraries/Documents/Electronic Arts but then when I click on the sims 3 game there is nothing in the folder.

Any ideas? What do I do?

Message 17 of 42 (52,985 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i tried that and it still says it does  not work 

Message 18 of 42 (51,566 Views)

★★★ Newbie

worked for me! thanks so much Standard smile

Message 19 of 42 (50,837 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Thank you, smileyface33366, this worked for me

Message 20 of 42 (49,909 Views)