Re: sims 3 there was an error during startup please see the log for more details

by junebug2950

Original Post

sims 3 there was an error during startup please see the log for more details

★★★ Newbie

I just got the new expansion pack, seasons, downloaded it, and when i went to go play it, it said at the start up screen " there was an error during startup please see the log for more details" i uninstalled every game and tried to start from the beginning again with the first sims and i'm still getting the same error. THIS IS ABSOLUTE CRAP. can someone help me?!?! i've tried all i can try.

Message 1 of 42 (32,487 Views)

Re: sims 3 there was an error during startup please see the log for more details

Hero

Does everything include the things listed here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-There-was-an-error-during-Startup/td-p/65390/ ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 42 (32,059 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi. I have tried everything on your list and it still doesn't work. I get the same message. What do I have to do? I Windows 7 64bit if that is any help. There is nothing wrong with my graphic card. Please find a solution.

Message 3 of 42 (31,300 Views)

★★ Novice

This is a frustrating issue, but I suggest that before you spend hours un-installing re-installing and messing around with your registry and such try clearing the game cache files first.

1) Go into your main boot drive and go into the Users folder - find the folder matching your account name and go in.

2) Once inside go into: Electronic Arts / The Sims 3 / DDCache

3) Delete missingdeps.idx

Then finally, cross your fingers, and try running the launcher after this.  Good luck!

Message 4 of 42 (30,641 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Doesn't work

Message 5 of 42 (29,813 Views)

Re:SOLUTION!!! sims 3 there was an error during startup please see the log for more details

★★★ Newbie

Aright honey I have finally found the solution for this error. Do these steps very carefully and then please pass it on

I have struggled with this for about week trying to figure it out and I finally did, it doesn't involve anything with "cracks" or "mods". 

1. open up C;\ program files(x86)\origin games\the sims 3

2.right click "the sims 3" folder

3.select copy

4.make a new folder in the Origin Games folder titled "the sims 3 copy" or something that says its a copy, it really doesn't matter as long as you make another folder so you don't get confused where and what it is.

5.right click and click paste in the new folder you made

6. in your "the sims 3" copy folder  (NOT the orignal Sims 3 folder, otherwise you will mess up the files) you just made, find these two files "TS3.ex_" and "Sims3Launcher.ex_".

7.Change both of these files by renaming them to "TS3.exe" and "Sims3Launcher.exe"

8.Move both of these newly name changed files into your original "The Sims 3" folder

9.Instead of clicking the launcher to play the sims simply click the file "TS3.exe" to start the game.

Message 6 of 42 (28,312 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I HAVE THE ANSWER THAT WORKED FOR ME! I had the same problem with ''There was an error during start. Check the log To get to know more'' To fix this just click ''drive as administrator''when you are opening the sims 3 launcher. i hope that this will work for you Wink 

Message 7 of 42 (27,979 Views)

★★ Novice

I honestly have to say that 

1. I sadly cannot help you

and 2. you're at the wrong spot to ask for your problem, since this is a thread about mine. You have to make a thread of your own.

Good luck! And hopefully you won't be so unlucky like me.

Message 8 of 42 (24,280 Views)

★★ Novice

Oops, nevermind my first reply!! I've opened the wrong tabb with the same thread name... the one I thought I was looking at was mine, but it is not.

Sorry!

Message 9 of 42 (24,277 Views)

★ Novice

I had to update my Origin.  That took care of it.

Message 10 of 42 (22,810 Views)