sims 3 store content refusing to install

by myaekingheart

Original Post

sims 3 store content refusing to install

★★★ Novice

Alright, this has been a thorn in my effing side for over a week now. I don't know if EA has just started neglecting it's TS3 users or what but I feel like I've tried everything to remedy this problem and nothing has worked. I'm currently playing The Sims 3 through Steam on a Windows 8.1 laptop/computer. It seems as though anything I've purchased from The Sims 3 store from January 6th, 2017 onward has refused to download. Everything I have purchased and downloaded from before that specific date has installed perfectly fine but ever since January 6th, it's been giving me nothing but problems. I know it's not a storage issue on my computer since I have 694gb of my total 908gb of space free on my device. I have a few expansion and stuff packs installed, as well, but I don't think they'd be causing a problem??? What's essentially happening is that every time I try to install any of my newer store content, I'll go into the launcher, check off what I want to install, press "Install" and then the little window will pop up and the content will appear to have downloaded normally, and the launcher will say it's downloaded, but when I go into the game, none of it is there. I've tried installing from the in-game downloads dashboard, as well, but no cigar. Literally every method of downloading I've tried has not worked and I'm starting to get incredibly frustrated because I have no idea what's wrong. My game is completely up to date, as well, so that can't be a problem. At this point, I honestly have no effing clue what to do but I'm about to rip my hair out and chuck my computer out of a ten story window because it's been over a week and I cannot for the life of me figure out what is wrong or what I'm doing wrong. I don't know. Some help here would be more than greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 1 (138 Views)