sims 3 not responding

by CryptedVortex

Original Post

Re: sims 3 not responding

★★★ Novice

@roberta591 I removed my secondary monitor from display settings, then unplugging it and restarting my computer and it still does not work.

I don't think changing the resolution would change anything because I cant even get past the launcher. 

Message 11 of 16 (512 Views)

@CryptedVortex  I do think it's worth trying, just so that you can eliminate that possibility.  We've exhausted all the normal causes of difficulties launching the game, so it's time for the long shots.  Speaking of long shots, it might be worth clearing all your browser caches.  I've never seen borked cache files cause this kind of problem, but it's a relatively easy step, and of course it won't hurt.  You'll need to clear Internet Explorer's cache too; even if you never use it, the launcher does for some purposes.  Be sure to uncheck the box to preserve data for favorites.

clear IE cache:  https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=15141

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 12 of 16 (493 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@CryptedVortex  The game does seen to not be initializing for some reason. It may be because of the unusual resolution of 1680 x 1050 which should be stretched horizontally If I remember correctly. You need to set the game at a known standard resolution. My game system is an AMD 6100 with a GTX 960 video card connected to a Vizio tv at 1920 x 1080 with a hdmi cable and the game runs flawlessly. Connect the 1080 monitor only - boot up the computer and do a factory reset (move the user files to your desktop) on the game (this will remove any mods/cc and configuration files) and THEN see if the game starts. When the game starts it looks at your computer hardware and save games. If the game finds corruption in the save games of other user data the game will crash. Doing the factory reset will eliminate a crash because of user data. Is Origin running? Is the Sims 3 the only game you have in Origin? You are getting RADAR errors - that is Microsoft's Windows Resource Exhaustion Detection and Resolution. Windows resources are finite and even if you have plenty of memory you can run out of resources. This is why removing resource using hardware can fix the issue. Lowering the resolution could also free resources because by using smaller frame buffers. You need to get your system to a working state and setting your system to a standard state is the first thing you need to do.

Message 13 of 16 (484 Views)

★★★ Novice

Nope nope no no, Sims 4 is not working aswell Sims 3 keeps crashing I blame EA

Message 14 of 16 (532 Views)

★★★ Novice

Sims 3 works on my crappier computer lol. Sorry about the rude comment.

I don't expect you to help now after it being so long. The problem is probably my computer.

Message 15 of 16 (360 Views)

@CryptedVortex  Did you ever update your drivers, or try a clean game folder after unplugging your second monitor?  You could always run and post another dxdiag as well, in case there's any other information that jumps out.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 16 of 16 (348 Views)