Re: sims 3 login keeps rejecting password

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

sims 3 login keeps rejecting password

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

so i know my password it's the same password i use to log into the website for sims 3. but for some reason on the sims 3 game it just keeps saying wrong password, yet i can log into the website of EA, sims 3 website and origin no problems. I even have it set to remember my password but it seems unable to do this. 

the issue seems to be that you have not updated the games protocols. it wants to use internet explorer, which was retired sometime ago and Microsoft now redirect you to edge. this needs to be updated to use "default browser" that way it can use chrome, edge, Firefox etc.. 

also another side note, no matter what i change my password to on EA or sims main website it does not let me even when i follow what the password wants so your whole EA reset password thing is broken as well!

Message 1 of 7 (1,266 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey @BlackfoxKitsune if seeing an error that your password does not meet the criteria then you will need to choose another password.

If nothing works then you can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a chat or phone adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat or request a call back.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 5 of 7 (1,193 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @BlackfoxKitsune have you tried resetting your password to see what happens?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 7 (1,229 Views)

@BlackfoxKitsune  Internet Explorer is still present in Windows 10, even if Windows tries to redirect you to Edge.  Here's how to clear IE's cache:

https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=15141

Even though you've changed your password, try changing it again to something that contains only letters and numbers, no special characters or accents, and then clear IE's cache again.  If that doesn't help either, open Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads and delete the file labeled [your email].bin.  This file can get corrupted and prevent the launcher from accepting your credentials.

As far as we know, there are no developers working on Sims 3 for Windows, and therefore no one to update the launcher.  Even if this doesn't get fixed before IE is officially retiredd next year, it will be possible to run Edge in IE mode for a while at least, so hopefully the game will still work properly.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 7 (1,218 Views)

★ Apprentice

yes and your website will not let me reset it! I've tried a few times now. also what the heck is wrong with your payment system? steam, xbox and SWTOR all coming up with payment errors as well lately. these bugs are your end this time EA not mine.  and like I've said in my first post, i can log in (see here logged in) main EA site can log in, Origin can log in my sims 3 log in is the same as my origin so yeah i know i have not forgotten my password, but yes i did still try to reset it as sometimes that helps things a little, but your own site will not let me do so, it comes up saying my password does not the criteria all the time, even when i'm VERY careful to make sure it does with the number caps small and special symbol it wants.

Message 4 of 7 (1,195 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @BlackfoxKitsune if seeing an error that your password does not meet the criteria then you will need to choose another password.

If nothing works then you can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a chat or phone adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat or request a call back.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 7 (1,194 Views)

★ Apprentice

@EA_Darko  thanks for that link i'm going to have to contact that concerning other issues as well. there is something going down your side, you need to get the web hamsters to have a look at your site and systems.

@puzzlezaddict  Thank you for this, and yes i've already done this to no avail in my case. it was a 2013 fix that worked well when i last had this issue but there seems to be something deeper on EA's end this time because as i've been finding out it's not just effecting sims 3 but a number of other things as well.
Message 6 of 7 (1,191 Views)

★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddict Thank you for this, and yes i've already done this to no avail in my case. it was a 2013 fix that worked well when i last had this issue but there seems to be something deeper on EA's end this time because as i've been finding out it's not just effecting sims 3 but a number of other things as well.

Message 7 of 7 (1,183 Views)