Re: sims 3 keeps crashing in second loading screen

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

sims 3 keeps crashing in second loading screen

★★ Apprentice

Every time i click on my one family it goes to 99% and then goes black and crashes. I have cc and mods. This started after my cat had kittens and my sim foudn out she was pregnant but its never done this before. I have tried to find ways to fix it but I don't really know what to do.

Message 1 of 4 (3,778 Views)

@KennaKilla22  The first thing to try is deleting the five cache files in your game folder in Documents.  These files should be deleted regularly, as they tend to fill up with stale data.  For reference, they are:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package

If that alone doesn't help, try loading the save in a clean folder instead.  Drag your entire TS3 game folder (not just pieces, the whole thing) out of Documents and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, a new folder will spawn with no content.  Right-click on your Saves folder inside your old game folder and select Copy, then right-click inside the new game folder and select Paste.  If the save fully loads, your mods and cc won't be present, but the idea is to see whether the save is too corrupt to load at all.

One note:  If your household lives in a store or custom world, it obviously won't load in the clean folder unless the world file is present as well.  You can copy over InstalledWorlds into your new game folder if necessary.

If the save loads, you can copy the contents of Mods and DCCache into your new game folder, along with ccmerged.package from DCBackup.  (This file makes your premium store content work.)  You'll probably want to copy over Library and InstalledWorlds too; here's a complete list of everything you'd need to transfer:

https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/01/faq-user-files.html

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (3,758 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello! 

I've been playing sims 3 for a while now, and never experience anything like this. And It's frustrating.  I load my game and pick a save file, my save is almost finished AND MY GAMES CRASHES! I thought that family was corrupted (My favorite family) SO I made a new file. It's in the middle of loading and IT CRASHES AGAIN! And I dont know what to do, I created a new Sims 3 game file and transfer everything to there but still nothing PLEASE HELP ME!

Message 3 of 4 (3,614 Views)

@HanahHere  Try loading a save in a clean folder.  Move your entire Sims 3 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, and when you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to it yet; just see whether you can load a new save.  Let me know either way.

If the game still crashes before the second save loads, try putting Origin in offline mode before playing, that is if you use Origin.  If not, or if that doesn't help, take your computer offline before launching the game.  You can sign into Origin and put it in offline mode, then disable wifi and/or disconnect the ethernet cable before launching the game.

If you still get a crash, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (3,604 Views)