Re: sims 3 grey map glitch

by rubysunn

Original Post

@rubysunn  The Sims 3 launcher, the one with the Play button showing.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 11 of 21 (1,056 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Here

Message 12 of 21 (1,046 Views)

@rubysunn  I thought this install probably wasn't patched, and it's not.  Did you buy the Sims 3 Complete Collection or something similar via disc?  That would be why the Super Patcher didn't work.

Message 13 of 21 (1,023 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict I bought it via disc
Message 14 of 21 (1,011 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @rubysunn,

The version number from the image is a good couple of years out of date which is odd. 🤔The super patcher should have worked but there's another option we can try here though to get that launcher up to the current patch.

Let's get this registered to your Origin/EA account with the game code that comes with the disc. Standard smile Once you've redeemed the game code on Origin, it should fix the issue with the out of date launcher. To redeem a game code on Origin, please check out this EA Help article for the steps: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/origin-code-redemption-faq/

Please let us know how you get on with this.

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 15 of 21 (969 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Lanna I tried to register it to my origin but it said that it was already redeemed
Message 16 of 21 (951 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @rubysunn,

It sounds like the code was redeemed by the original owner before you bought the disc. This means you won't be able to download the digital version of the game.

We're limited in the support we can offer for disc games unfortunately but I'd like to try uninstalling the game and Late Night and then in this order, reinstalling The Sims 3 base game, running the Super Patcher once more and then adding Late Night. I'm hoping the order of the installations will help.

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 17 of 21 (937 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Lanna I tried that but it didnt work
Message 18 of 21 (926 Views)

@rubysunn  What happened when you tried to run the Super Patch?  If you got any error, it would be helpful to see a screenshot.

Message 19 of 21 (916 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict it wouldn't even start
Message 20 of 21 (875 Views)