Re: sims 3 game won't load

by roberta591

Original Post

sims 3 game won't load

★★★★★ Novice

7/27/2017 - I tried to run my sims 3 Game Yesterday, but I didn't get far.. You see once signing into Origin and seeing the sims 3 had been updated to 1.69 the newer update. Which doesn't allow me to play the game whatsoever. I truly tried everything to get the game running removing the caches files then after that running the game but all it does it takes me to the launcher. After clicking the play button the launcher than closes as if it's about to run but all it does is takes me back my desktop which then pops up Origin and it says press play.

7/27/2017 - After about 14 hours of trying to get the game to work I uninstalled the sims 3 completely which is a bummer because I really wanted to play, I've even looked for ways to get the cracked sims 3 version hoping that would eventually get me somewhere but still no luck. I believe after the update of 1.69 my game stopped working. When calling EA Support they attempted to help me get the game running and that failed as well. I've been wanting to make a sims 3 series for the longest since I first bought but I didn't have the right requirements for it, but now that I do the game won't even open.

Things that I have for the sims 3 

- Custom Content & Downloads 

You're probably wondering, why I don;t play the newer sims which is the sims 4 because it's not as good as the sims 3 and doesn't look realistic in anyway. I Just want my sims 3 to work again please help a fellow simmer out. I'd appreciate it so much 

Message 1 of 2 (206 Views)

Re: sims 3 game won't load

Hero (Retired)

@Acidscherrie  The software on the disc version is out of date. What you need to do is download the digital version and let Origin patch to version 1.69. If you have any disc version packs these have to patch or uninstall and download the Origin version. You do not have to unistall and reinstall this game as the core files are seldom the problem. There is a way to set the game to factory WITHOUT reinstalling. You are like me - I got the game in 2009 and EA changed the DRM in 2012. At this point download and install the base game and let it patch. Once you uninstall the game you HAVE to install the version 1.69 version. You may have to uninstall some or all of the packs and store items. This patching and updating may take some time.

Message 2 of 2 (194 Views)