Re: sims 3 game glitch issue

by WanChai94

Original Post

Accepted Solution

sims 3 game glitch issue

★★★★★ Novice

I tried to add a spiral stairs in the basement under the foundations, it didn't work so I removed the spiral stairs for the ascending ladder. The problem lies here, when I added the ladder, there was a hole right behind where the ladder was, I thought that was strange; So I tested it out and there was not suppose to be a hole near the ladder. So I deleted the ladder and tried to level it. Nothing worked, I tried leveling it using the build system, than tried covering them using tiles which didn't work, I tried putting the foundation on top of it and removing the foundation again to see if it disappeared, but it was still there.  So now, there is a hole in the middle of my living room. 

By the way, I was building a mansion that took me almost three days and now this comes up ..., can someone PLEASE HELP ME? I tried waiting for the live chat, but I just kept waiting and waiting. 

Message 1 of 9 (389 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero (Retired)

Oh, man, I haven't done anything in TS3 in so long that I doubt I'd remember how to navigate around properly, much less troubleshoot an issue.  I'm sorry!  The one thing I can throw out is that if CFE was used on the lot, it can definitely be problematic dealing with its aftermath.  Sometimes the issues get embedded in the lot, and leveling it, etc. won't fix them.  Maybe the best action in this case would be to cover up the issue rather than trying to fix it; MOO some plants or décor over the hole perhaps?  Rather than rebuilding from scratch (which I can remember having to do, so I understand the pain of it!).

View in thread

Message 8 of 9 (315 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@WanChai94 could you upload it to the exchange and give me the link? I'll try it out in my own game and see if I can't  fix it. 

What games / content do you have (just so that I know if my game will work with it)? 

Message 2 of 9 (380 Views)

View next post

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Message 3 of 9 (372 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@sandarcher Are you talking about the mansion I was building ? Like go into the game and share? Because, I don't really know much about uploading my creations so that other could use them. 

Message 4 of 9 (357 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@WanChai94 yes, I'm referring to "share." Go to the lot in edit town and click on it. Choose "share" and then it will appear in your launcher under uploads. Upload it and go to your My Studio (or your My Page, it'll show up there). Go to its page and post the link here.

Let me know if you'd like me to post screenshots 

Message 5 of 9 (333 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@SandArcher I've uploaded the mansion that I have made already. You can check it out http://www.thesims3.com/userExchange.html?assetType=all&persona=Stararmed&sortField=download_count&s...

Message 6 of 9 (326 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@BryonyRae would it be possible for you to help here? I don't have the content / games required

@WanChai94 

Message 7 of 9 (313 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Oh, man, I haven't done anything in TS3 in so long that I doubt I'd remember how to navigate around properly, much less troubleshoot an issue.  I'm sorry!  The one thing I can throw out is that if CFE was used on the lot, it can definitely be problematic dealing with its aftermath.  Sometimes the issues get embedded in the lot, and leveling it, etc. won't fix them.  Maybe the best action in this case would be to cover up the issue rather than trying to fix it; MOO some plants or décor over the hole perhaps?  Rather than rebuilding from scratch (which I can remember having to do, so I understand the pain of it!).

Message 8 of 9 (316 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Yeah, I just covered it up
Message 9 of 9 (287 Views)