Re: sims 3 freezes alot

by SallyTheGoose

Original Post

sims 3 freezes alot

★ Novice

My Sims 3 is freezing alot, but the Sim(s) crystal is still spinning around, and the camera is fully movable.

My sims is freezing, particles is freezing, vehicles and all that. But the game does respond.

Message 1 of 5 (229 Views)

Champion (Retired)

did you try clearing out your Cache?

Message 2 of 5 (225 Views)

★ Novice

how do i do that?

Message 3 of 5 (223 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've had the same problem. Let me find out how I solved it..

Message 4 of 5 (203 Views)

★★★ Novice

Okay so here's what you have to do if you  have a PC, like me. Tell me if you have a Mac, because then I might be able to help you too. 
These are four steps, you can do as many of them as you wish. These will all help to stop the game form lagging.
for STEP 1:go to: C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3.

Inside you will find a number of cache files, delete (any or all of) those. They will re-generate when you launch the game again, so  if you clean those up every time (I clean them every 5 times) you launch the game. Examples of the cache files: CasPartCache.package, compositorCache.package, scriptCache.package, simCompositorCache.package and socialCache.package.

STEP 2: go to C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Screenshots. Delete 'em all, unless you want to save some pictures, take those out and then delete the rest.

(if you have mods or cc) STEP 3: go to C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\packages : check if you still use all the mods or cc, because if you delete the ones you're not using any more, it will surely help.

STEP 4: go to C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\DCBackup --NOT DCCACHE!!!
Delete everything in there. These will also regerate as you play, so just delete them every five times or whatever.

I hope this helped, please let me know if it worked for you too!

Good luck!

Message 5 of 5 (200 Views)