sims 3 download error

by ShamelessIdk

Original Post

Accepted Solution

sims 3 download error

★ Novice

So like i got sims 3 with all the stuff packs, expensions pack and all of that uh 3 years ago on christmas.i played it on 1 dell pc, than after some months on a acer laptop, than i got a gaming pc, i played sims on there for 2 years, this year i got a new gaming pc, i tried downloading sims 3 in there but it keeps saying this error: game/bin/UI/UI.Package/Fout:Data Error/(cyclic redundancy check) i keep redownloading it, i keep doing research but it doesnt work, i tried to enter the serial code on the sims 3 website too, and it said its invalid or used already. Please awnser and help me..

Message 1 of 7 (787 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: sims 3 download error

@ShamelessIdk  I've moved your post to the Sims 3 PC tech section.

If this is the first time you've tried to install Sims 3 on this computer (including any hard drives you may have moved over from a previous system), then the issue is most likely the disc itself.  Try cleaning it thoroughly before installing again.

Since you've already tried to install at least once this time around, you should also run a cleaner app like Piriform's CCleaner (the free version is fine) before attempting to reinstall.  The cyclic redundancy check can also be due to leftover files from a previous install, successful or not.

As for registering the codes, is it possible you already did so?  Whether you used Origin or the Sims 3 Store, if you added the codes to an account, you wouldn't be able to use them again.  (Origin and the store share information.)  But all you'd have to do would be to login to Origin with the same email address and password you used when you originally registered your discs, and the content would be in your Origin game library.  If you're not sure which email you might have used, you can enter every one you can think of and click "I forgot my password"; any address associated with an account will get a password recovery email.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (743 Views)

All Replies

@ShamelessIdk  I've moved your post to the Sims 3 PC tech section.

If this is the first time you've tried to install Sims 3 on this computer (including any hard drives you may have moved over from a previous system), then the issue is most likely the disc itself.  Try cleaning it thoroughly before installing again.

Since you've already tried to install at least once this time around, you should also run a cleaner app like Piriform's CCleaner (the free version is fine) before attempting to reinstall.  The cyclic redundancy check can also be due to leftover files from a previous install, successful or not.

As for registering the codes, is it possible you already did so?  Whether you used Origin or the Sims 3 Store, if you added the codes to an account, you wouldn't be able to use them again.  (Origin and the store share information.)  But all you'd have to do would be to login to Origin with the same email address and password you used when you originally registered your discs, and the content would be in your Origin game library.  If you're not sure which email you might have used, you can enter every one you can think of and click "I forgot my password"; any address associated with an account will get a password recovery email.

Message 2 of 7 (744 Views)

★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Thanks!! Ill try the solutions...Ill reply back if it worked or if it didnt work.
Message 3 of 7 (733 Views)

★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict hello! i download the CCleaner, did everything correctly and redownloaded it. still says the same thing..

any other solutions??
Message 4 of 7 (721 Views)

★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict hello, everything worked until it kind of reached the end it said gamedata fullbuild1.package error...how could i fix that??
Message 5 of 7 (716 Views)

@ShamelessIdk  That's another error often associated with a damaged disc.  If you can't clean or fix it, I don't think you'll be able to install from that disc at all.

You can still try to figure out whether you registered the discs at some point, and get your account back.  Or you can contact EA customer support to ask what happened to your packs.  If you provide proof of ownership, in this case photos for each pack with the disc, case, and insert with printed code showing, support may be able to help.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

Message 6 of 7 (692 Views)

★★★ Newbie

thank you

Message 7 of 7 (537 Views)