Re: sims 3 does it lag after playing it for a long period

by Ayamjago56

Original Post

Hero
@Ayamjago56 Have you made any edits to your GraphicsRules file, located in the installation folder, The Sims 3\Game\Bin\ ?

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 31 of 39 (519 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@mate54 No I have never made an edit to that. 

Message 32 of 39 (517 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

hey @mate54 so I just tried to uninstall TS3 base game and the pets ep on my desktop. Then I reinstalled both of them back again. However, I found that the map grey glitch only occurs when I installed and run the pets EP. When I only tried installing the base game and check to see the issue, the map was totally fine 

Message 33 of 39 (490 Views)

@Ayamjago56  The error in your first screenshot crops up from time to time and can be ignored.  It's unrelated to the graphics issues.

For the graphics, please start by repairing the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 3 icon, and select Repair.  Then move the entire Sims 3 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you open the launcher, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to it yet; just see how the game looks.  And don't change any of the graphics settings either, except for the resolution if you want to increase it.  Load a new save in Sunset Valley and take another screenshot.

If you see the same issue, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 34 of 39 (489 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddict My game library is empty because I'm using the disc version of the game and also the map glitch only occurs after I installed the pets EP. 

Also when you say about opening the launcher, do you mean by The sims 3 (folder)< Bin< Sims3launcher

Message 35 of 39 (488 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddict I dont get what you mean by opening the launcher. Do you meant by Thesims3launcher from the bin folder?? Because I tried that and no new folder has spawn. Is alright for you to expand the details by providing pictures so that it makes the instructions much more clearer?

Message 36 of 39 (469 Views)

@Ayamjago56  The launcher is the window that opens when you first launch Sims 3.  It has ads for Sims 4 as well as a few tabs (Downloads, Installed Content, etc.).  It also has the Play button you press to actually load the game.

Are you using an all-disc install, without playing through Origin?  If so, please run the Super Patch to manually patch your game to 1.67.  You can download it here, under "Cumulative base game super patcher."

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/175477/official-ea-download-link-for-the-sims-3-cumulati...

Message 37 of 39 (466 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddict Wait So I currently redeem the sims 3 pets product code on origin and it seems that the game has been already connected to my origin account in “my game library”. It also provided me with an update of the game too?? Would that be the same thing as the super patch you’ve mentioned?

Message 38 of 39 (462 Views)

@Ayamjago56  If you play through Origin, as in, you open your Origin game library, click on the Sims 3 icon, and press Play, then Origin will (should) patch the game for you, and running the Super Patch can damage the install.  In that case, please repair the game as I described earlier.  If you don't need to open Origin to play Sims 3, then you should run the Super Patch.

Simply having your game registered within Origin is irrelevant; the point is whether Origin itself controls the install or not.  If it does not, then you need to patch manually.

Message 39 of 39 (1,582 Views)