Re: sims 3 dlc

by roberta591

Original Post

sims 3 dlc

★★★ Novice

For some time now, maybe 9 months to a year, I have been unable to get my Sims3 DLC packs to install to the game and show up in game.  I have done all the deleting/reinstalling files and updating drivers to no avail. Tech/Customer support is of no help. I can't find a FAQ with this specific problem.  Has anyone else experienced this and managed to fix it? That's a lot of $$ in DLC I spent and am super pissed that now its just wasted. Ive already lost my local content, so I am just wanting the game to function properly again so I can start over.

Message 1 of 6 (369 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Poesjewel  Is your computer a pc or mac? What is the version of the game - launcher lower left?

Message 2 of 6 (348 Views)

★★★ Novice

dell pc, launcher version 1.69.43.024017 

Message 3 of 6 (340 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Poesjewel  Are you uninstalling from the control panel programs and features and then getting the digital download version from Origin?

Message 4 of 6 (326 Views)

★★★ Novice

ive uninstalled it both ways, thru origin and thru control panel. ive also uninstalled and reinstalled origin multiple times. once I load it all back up again, I goto the sims3 site and download the content to the launcher. In the launcher, I install it all and it says it does it successfully. I load the game, and some of it is there and some isn't. I have also tried downloading directly in game through the downloads dashboard. it will also tell me installation is successful, but it isn't. or some of it will appear successful and I will get excited and start a new game in dragon valley or monte vista thinking its fixed, and next time I load the game the neighborhoods are gone again and it wont let me load those games. if I pull up the launcher again, it shows everything in the downloads tab, but the missing stuff will have boxes next to it instead of their pic icons. in the installed tab, it shows only a couple of things like grims ghastly manor and grandpaws grove, but with custom icons and no names. none of the other stuff shows at all.

Message 5 of 6 (306 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Poesjewel  If you have updated your game to version 1.69 old DLC may not work correctly. You may have to uninstall all the old DLC (packs AND store items) and do a clean install and most the thse were updated when the DRM was changed in 2012. I think the game does a check of your computer's specs and stops some extras from running to allow the game to run properly. Please post your computer's dxdiag - link -  how to post your computer's dxdiag

Message 6 of 6 (295 Views)