sims 3 custom content not showing up

by sunnysims101

Original Post

Accepted Solution

sims 3 custom content not showing up

★★★★ Novice

Hi. I recently bought the sims 3 disc version and I tried to add custom content to it, or well, mods. Only one hair, a sims3pack is showing up and I've tried numerous ways to try and fix it by using tutorials and looks at fourms. Most of the cc ends with .package and I put it in the folder where it's supposed to go, but like I said, the one sims3pack hair is only showing up. Is the reason the .package files aren't showing up because I have the disc version? Please help.

Message 1 of 24 (16,620 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: sims 3 custom content not showing up

@sunnysims101  Then that's the issue: your install was never patched at all.  An early patch changed the way mods could be installed, allowing for the setup you've been trying to use, but the original version didn't support the Mods folder we use now.

At any rate, EA made a Super Patch that will bring your install up to 1.67 (fully patched, but no Origin required to run the game).  You can download it here, under "Cumulative Base Game Super Patcher":

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/175477/official-ea-download-link-for-the-sims-3-cumulati...

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 22 of 24 (18,555 Views)

All Replies

@sunnysims101  Custom content that comes in .package format needs to be installed like a mod.  Here's a good tutorial:

http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Installing_Sims_3_Package_Files/Setup_and_Files

Message 2 of 24 (16,603 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Yeah, I did exactly that but not even the no sparkles mod or no intro mod are showing up.
Message 3 of 24 (16,583 Views)

@sunnysims101  Did you delete the five cache files in your Sims 3 game folder in Documents\Electronic Arts?  They should be deleted every time you add or remove mods or custom content from your game folder.  For reference, they are:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package

Message 4 of 24 (16,577 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict I only have the first four of those. But yes I did delete them and it seems the mods are still working because the intro still is happening.
Message 5 of 24 (16,573 Views)

@sunnysims101  Can you post screenshots of the Mods folder and the Packages folder inside it, both with the file path showing?  (It's above the list of files.)  In Windows, hit Windows key-shift-S and drag your cursor over the part of the screen you want to capture.  Then you can click the notification in the lower right corner of your screen to see the image, or you can open Paint and crtl-V to paste it.

Message 6 of 24 (16,563 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict wrote:

@sunnysims101  Can you post screenshots of the Mods folder and the Packages folder inside it, both with the file path showing?  (It's above the list of files.)  In Windows, hit Windows key-shift-S and drag your cursor over the part of the screen you want to capture.  Then you can click the notification in the lower right corner of your screen to see the image, or you can open Paint and crtl-V to paste it.

Message 7 of 24 (16,559 Views)

★★★★ Novice

it dissapearred. here it is again Annotation 2019-12-29 200306.png

Message 8 of 24 (16,557 Views)

@sunnysims101  You don't have a resource.cfg inside the Mods folder.  There should be instructions on the page I linked for how to get one.

Message 9 of 24 (16,537 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict I had it in my Packages folder. I'm going to clear the cache and restart the game and see if it works.
Message 10 of 24 (16,533 Views)