sims 3 crashes at loading screen

by mandee_mack

Original Post

Re: sims 3 crashes at loading screen

@sammycorn1234  Try telling the game to open in windowed mode.  Go into Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3, open options.ini, ctrl-F to search for fullscreen , and set it to 0 (zero).  If this works, you can go back to fullscreen mode at the Main Menu, but at the same time, set the game to run at the same resolution as your monitor.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 11 of 15 (339 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict Thanks for the help! I will have to wait to try it because I won't have access to the computer the game is on for almost 2 weeks, but once I do I will try it and reply to this again if I still have proble

Message 12 of 15 (327 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello, please could you help me out with this problem. My game loads at the screen and then the very last second the launcher will crash while being close to opening the game (so if i click on playing a family or trying to make a new sim in the menu option it will load then at the very last second the green bar thing will crash the game), and then it will exit out of it entirely. I recently had a problem with not being able to access my NRAAS mods and I just did the whole mod folder over again like deleted everything from scratch. The last time this happened, I literally deleted the entire sims 3 folder which caused me to lose CC and it took me like 2 whole days to get my game to where I wanted it to be with CC and mods. Is there anyway I can get rid of this issue without having to start from scratch again? 

Message 13 of 15 (219 Views)

@Kailin116  Instead of deleting the entire Sims 3 user folder, please just move it to your desktop, which will allow the game to generate a new folder.  If you can play normally in the new folder, you can start adding content to it from the old Sims 3 folder.  Keep testing as you move the data so you find out which files cause the crashing, and we can go from there.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 14 of 15 (209 Views)

★★★ Novice

It works!!!! Thannnnkkkk you so much. I was downloading old * mods from like 2009 and not seeing if they were compatibleNerd. Now my game doesn't crash!!! thank you!!!!! 

Spoiler
Heart
Message 15 of 15 (189 Views)