Re: sims 3 camera not working since November 2020 update

by jmcdan02

Original Post

sims 3 camera not working since November 2020 update

★ Apprentice

Since the November 2020 update, the Sims 3 camera control in the Sims 4 has not worked properly. The right click mouse has moved to the left click and the scroll does not do what it used to do. When I take it off Sims 3 camera control, the mouse works properly. I really dislike using the Sims 4 camera, but I am grateful it is there; however, I strongly would like my Sims 3 camera back. 

I searched this forum, found ways in which others solved this problem, and tried all of them with no positive result. Then my computer started acting funny and before I knew, My whole computer crashed. It turned out that my hard drive was corrupted. Now the computer is now fixed, working better than it ever did from the time it came out of the box, so I suspect I had a faulty computer software problem from the start. The fix was to reinstall windows. I'm saying this so that you know that my machine wiped away the Sims 4 completely and I redownloaded my game. I have not reinstalled the previous game files as they were wiped away. 

The first time I have played since reinstalling Windows, the Sims 3 camera again is not working properly. I have a few local account profiles and have opened the game in 2 of them with the same results. 

Please help me fix this.

Message 1 of 6 (297 Views)

@jmcdan02  Do you happen to have a left-handed mouse, or have you switched the mouse settings to use it with your left hand?

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 6 (277 Views)

★ Apprentice

I appreciate the thought. No, I do not have a left-handed mouse, nor have I switched the settings on the computer. I did notice that just before the computer crashed that the settings had been switched to left hand, but I had not done that myself. When I switched it back to right hand, all computer settings changed and it crashed shortly afterwards. Currently the settings are correct and I am still having this issue.

Is there a place in the game settings where this might possibly be changed for game only?

Message 3 of 6 (266 Views)

★ Apprentice

I miss-spoke in the first paragraph. The left click mouse moved to the right click, not the other way around.

Message 4 of 6 (265 Views)

@jmcdan02  Just to clarify, is your mouse now oriented for right-handedness and working normally in general (non-game) use?  Within Sims 4, are the mouse settings inverted, or are both left-click and right-click giving you the effect of a left-click?  Do you have any other games you could test for comparison, or another mouse you could try?

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 6 (260 Views)

★ Apprentice

I ordered a new gaming mouse. I had just a normal mouse before. It arrived 2 days ago and I tested it in game yesterday. I'm glad I changed out my mouse as this works so much better; however, the problem of the Sims 3 camera not working in game still persists. Additionally, 2 weeks ago my computer crashed and went in for repairs. During the process of diagnosing it, HP support looked at the game and the mouse settings and determined that the mouse issue in game is in fact an in game issue. Everything is working correctly except this one setting. 

Message 6 of 6 (231 Views)