Re: sims 3 base game wont install

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

sims 3 base game wont install

★ Apprentice

My sims 3 game was running fine until I merged my old origin account with my new one. when I went to launch my game the launcher came up but it said that my game wasn't properly installed so I needed to reinstall it. I uninstalled all my sims 3 games and reinstalled them. it didn't work so I tried installing the base game using the actual disc instead of just going through origin twice now and that didn't work either. I got an error code 327684:1 when trying to install the game. I uninstalled and reinstalled origin and reinstalled the sims 3 again and its still not working. I downloaded the superpatcher and it told me that no version of the sims 3 is installed. someone please help I just want to play game!!!

Message 1 of 38 (1,351 Views)

Accepted Solution

@katsimming  I suppose it's possible you didn't remove all the Sims 3 registry entries, since there are quite a few of them.  I also remember one case where someone had two full copies of TS3 program files, and it took a few tries to get rid of everything.  In your position, I'd use Revo to uninstall and sweep for stray entries, and then Piriform's CCleaner too, just to be extra thorough.

Looking at my own notes from June, with an additional pack installed a few weeks ago, I had Sims 3 registry entries under:

Software\WOW6432Node\Origin Games

Software\WOW6432Node\Sims

Software\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

Software\Classes (a single .Sims3Pack)

But the way Origin installs and uninstalls the game has changed since then, so you may not have all of those entries, and there might be some elsewhere that I don't know about.  That's why I'd search with multiple tools for entries that mention Sims 3.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 36 of 38 (1,557 Views)

All Replies

@katsimming  Does your computer run Windows or macOS, and what version?

Message 2 of 38 (1,336 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have the latest version of windows 

Message 3 of 38 (1,329 Views)

@katsimming  The issue may be that the Sims 3 code in your computer's registry doesn't match what Origin has on file for your account.  There could also be some other issue with an incomplete uninstall.  But at any rate, the best approach is to uninstall the game, clean the registry with a tool like Piriform's CCleaner (the free version is fine), and reinstall.

The Origin version of the base game is fully patched and doesn't need the Super Patcher; trying to force it to run can break the install.

Message 4 of 38 (1,315 Views)

★ Apprentice

I tried the cccleaner and cleaned the registry but it didn’t work. It’s possible that the code doesn’t match since I have two copies of the game 

Message 5 of 38 (1,306 Views)

@katsimming  Do you get the same error code when you try to install now, or a different one?  If it's the same, it might be due to a problem with one or more VC++ runtimes.  The easiest approach is to run Origin as an admin (right-click on the Origin icon and select "Run as administrator") to see whether it will push through an install of whatever runtime is causing the error.

If that doesn't work, try manually reinstalling the runtimes yourself.  You can find the installers inside the program files for Origin (Program files (x86):\Origin\); there will be six entries with the name vc_[something].exe.  Right-click on each one and select "Run as administrator," and either install or repair the file when prompted.  Then try to install Sims 3 again.

If that doesn't work, try installing the 2005 version of vc++ again.  It's best to uninstall it first and download a fresh copy from Microsoft.  Click the Windows icon in the lower left corner of your screen and select Settings > Apps, then scroll to where Microsoft 2005 Visual C++ Redistributable is listed.  Uninstall the x86 version only, and then install the new one.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=26347

Message 6 of 38 (1,278 Views)

★ Apprentice

Update!

I reset my laptop back to factory settings and decided to just start over.

finally got in contact with someone from ea and explained to them my problem. He told me he would just put a new sims 3 game on my origin account (I don’t think he did) and it should run fine but if it doesn’t he sent me an email with steps to follow. 

I installed the game and now my problem is that the launcher won’t come up.

when I click on my sims 3 game in origin the screen that normally pops up with sims 3 in the background and it says play doesn’t come up it’s just black. If I left click on the game and press play the launcher doesn’t come up it just brings me straight to origin. I tried left clicking on the desktop icon and clicked run as administrator and the launcher won’t come up. I know there’s a way of running the game without the launcher but at this point I don’t think my game is going to run at all and I really need the launcher for installing cc

Message 7 of 38 (1,259 Views)

★ Apprentice

My problem now is that the launcher won’t come up at all. When I go to run the game through origin I get a black screen instead of the play screen and if I right click and press play it just brings me back to origin. I tried run as administrator with origin and still had this problem. I’ll try manually reinstalling the runtimes and see what happens. Thanks so much for trying to help with this nightmare.

Message 8 of 38 (1,256 Views)

★ Apprentice

I manually installed the runtimes. They all needed to be repaired. I reinstalled the game but it’s still not working. I’m going to install 2005 version of vc++ but when I go to uninstall it there is not x86 version. There’s x86 versions of 2010, 2013 and 2015 but not 2005. What should I do? 

Message 9 of 38 (1,241 Views)

@katsimming  Can you post a screenshot of your list of runtimes?  Hit Windows key-shift-S and then drag your cursor over the section of screen you want to capture.  Then you can use crtl-V to paste it into Paint or another image-editing app, or just click the notification in the lower right corner of your screen to see and save the image.

Message 10 of 38 (1,234 Views)