Re: sims 3 and surface pro 7

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

sims 3 and surface pro 7

★★★ Newbie

I have a surface pro 7. I  have installed the latest version of origin and downloaded the base game for sims 3 and 1 expansion (island paradise). I researched and many said you can play sims 3 on a surface pro, yet its not working for me? It says I need to install a windows feature, however, it doesn't load the feature or give me the option to install it. It stays on "collecting feature details". If I skip the instillation, nothing happens. Can anyone help?

Message 1 of 2 (889 Views)

Re: sims 3 and surface pro 7

@maddydon97  Without seeing the message, I can't know for sure, but I'm guessing you're missing .NET Framework 3.5.  You can install it manually though.  Hit Windows key-R and enter "appwiz.cpl" without quotes.  In the File Explorer window that opens, click "Turn Windows features on or off," then check the box next to .NET 3.5, which should be right at the top.  It will look like this, highlighted in blue in the first box:

Windows features (+.NET).png

Restart your computer after installing it.  If it's already installed, uncheck the box, restart your computer, check the box again, restart, and try to play.

If you get another error, please take a screenshot and attach it to a post.  Hit Windows key-shift-S and drag your cursor over the section of screen you want to capture.  Then open Paint and crtl-V to paste.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (877 Views)