Re: sim3 launcher does not show welcome page and I cannot log in

by LadyAngelchan

Original Post

sim3 launcher does not show welcome page and I cannot log in

★★ Novice

Please help! When I open sim3 launcher the welcome page does not show it says website not found. But I can see the expansion packs, down and up loads and installs. Also I cannot login from the launcher home page no matter what tab I hit. I put my email and password in and hit login and it just blink back with my info and does not go any further.  I tried removing the entired game and expansions, but the same thing happen and now my downloads from sim3.com can't be downloaded, because I can't log in.  Any Ideas. It started yesterday when I got a origin update.

Message 1 of 16 (1,621 Views)

Hero (Retired)

There was an Origin update. Do Origin update for youo?

Message 2 of 16 (1,600 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I'm having the exact same issue. And tried some things from older posts here, like emptying the Edge cache, deleting the email file from downloads folder and even letting Origin create a new Sim 3 documents folder, nothing helped so far. I assume the problem is on their side, since the exchange doesn't work either (there is even a thread on the official forums http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/890045/thesims3-com-undergoing-maintenance).

Right now I'm trying to contact one of their advisors here, who told me to delete my Origin Cache, use Repair Game and reset my password. Neither of it helped me though.

Would be great if they either fix this very soon or someone else finds the ultimate solution Thinking

Message 3 of 16 (1,590 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Also having the same problem. (My original post is down the line a bit.) I've tired almost everything to. I even uninstalled Origin and then reinstalled it. Nothing. Deleted Edge cache and restarted computer, nothing. Tried "Repair Game" in Origin, then restarted computer, nothing. My husband even tried to help (he's pretty computer knowledgeable) and he says that it has to be on EA's end. For me all this started after Origin updated on Thursday night. And if there are now 3 of us having the exact same problem, then it has to be on their end.

Message 4 of 16 (1,574 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

It WORKED!! SOMEHTING WORKED ANYWAYS!! The Welcome page came up!!! WOOHOO!! I thought that I would just try it anyways this morning, and it came up! Don't know what I did, or maybe they fixed something, but it's working again!! YAY!! Hope your guys is working too! Edit: Not sure if this is what fixed it, but I sent an Error Report to Origin last night explaining the problem, maybe that's what fixed it? It was something on their end and they didn't know until they got the error report? Anyways, something worked!

Message 5 of 16 (1,571 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have the same problem. What should I do?

Message 6 of 16 (1,544 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Well, it worked for a day, and now I've got the same problem AGAIN!! ARGH!! It has to be something on their end!!

Message 7 of 16 (1,540 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yes Disappointed

Message 8 of 16 (1,536 Views)

★ Apprentice

Why us?. I like the old way when you stat the game though...

Message 9 of 16 (1,528 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I haven't had any issues until this last update that Origin did (my updated Thursday night) and ever since then, it hasn't worked. Well, it suddenly worked yesterday and part of today, then it suddenly froze and I had to restart and then it wasn't working again, same as before. :/ I'm going to send another Error Report to Origin, see if that helps.

Message 10 of 16 (1,522 Views)