sim won't go to work

by stacy1611

Original Post

Re: sim won't go to work

★★★★ Novice
Thank you to everyone who has helped and suggested fixes. I'm still not sure what the issue was but after completely restarting the game and re-installing the mods and cc it's completely fixed.
Message 11 of 16 (84,337 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Not sure if the problem was solved.. But I found if you use the testing cheats and debug object(sim in this case) the sim having the issue is fixed.
Message 12 of 16 (7,245 Views)

★ Novice

Can you explain it, please? My Sims won't go to work and it's really annoying. I have been experiencing this issue for quite some time now after the update after cats and dogs were released. I only own the holiday expansion and Get to Work and I use cc and mods. Can you please help me? 

Message 13 of 16 (6,729 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Cowardlylioness1

Plese try without mods and see if you're experiencing the same thing.
For example, move the mods folder from C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 to your Desktop and start the game.

If that works but you want to keep your mods, you can try some different things to sort out the ones not working:

• If your problem occurred after a certain mod haul, remove all these new mods (see if the game works), and then add back a few at a time, restarting the game in between until you see the problem occurring again. Remember that you can possible have several broken mods.
  • If the problem started after the latest patch/update, always make sure to update your mods when you update your game. Check this list out for some mods that were broken in the C&D-patch! A few others have been broken after but not so many that there is a list.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/928106/broken-mods-cats-and-dogs-nov-2017
  • Download Sims 4 Studio and do batch-fixes for your cc.
  • Search for the Mod Conflict Detector on google and run it, see if it can detect some broken/conflicting mods, remove these and try your game again. (Only detects conflicts between mods, not between mods and the game)
  • Like the first "solution", but for all your mods. Remove all and put back some at a time to find broken ones (last resort if you have like 1000 mods).

Good Luck!

Message 14 of 16 (6,719 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes I have had this issue for awhile my sims not being able to go to work like the sim children are ok to go to school and high school and that but just not work it's fustrating me  I've been playing the sims 

3 more because I don't want to bother I blame the last 3 updates for this all for the eco-lifestyle one I don't even have it yet and I'm not planning on getting it or buying it

like the sims 4 has came a long way seens 2014 when it first came out I still think to this day I've only been playing the sims for a couple of years I've never really had the sim 2 on pc because I did'nt have one my mother wouldn't of brought one anyways so the only time I got play with the sims was when sim city was around the very old one there were sims but you could'nt dress them up or change there hairstyles and then when I left home and moved in with my now ex.I brought a playstation 2 so I could play sims 2 never sims 1 sorry this is a very long story then when I was able to buy my very first laptop that's when I got to buy the sims 3 but it wasn't till a bit later then it just when on from there and here we are and I think if EA don't fix there problems soon no one is going to want to play the sims 4 ever again    

Message 15 of 16 (3,848 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it being necroed.

If you have any issues with Sims 4 please make a new topic about the issues you are having and what kind of steps you have tried to solve it.

/Atic
Message 16 of 16 (3,813 Views)