Re: sim won't go to work

by Phantomlover1717

Original Post

Accepted Solution

sim won't go to work

★★★★ Novice

My sim will get the notification telling her that she 'has work in one hour' but then when it comes time for her to actually start work it shows in the career section as 'late for work' and then 'missing work!' but she won't go to work. When I tell her to go work the action in the panel just disappears. 

Does anyone else have this problem?

Is there a solution for this?

BTW I have tried traveling with the sim, changing outfits, removing the cache and removing the mods.

Message 1 of 16 (79,902 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Novice
Thank you to everyone who has helped and suggested fixes. I'm still not sure what the issue was but after completely restarting the game and re-installing the mods and cc it's completely fixed.

View in thread

Message 11 of 16 (84,334 Views)

All Replies

Did you try taking out all your mods at once? Just place the mods folder outside the EA folder and test your game. If it still happens you can put the mods folder back.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 16 (79,855 Views)

★★★★ Novice

yeah I already tried that, made no difference.

Message 3 of 16 (79,839 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Remove your sims 4 folder in C/drive my documents Eletronics arts sims 4 right click on the folder click cut and paste it to desktop start game and a new sims 4 folder will appear Note : The new folder that appears is default and will have to Mods or CC 

Message 4 of 16 (79,836 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I uninstalled and then re-instaled via origin, why did this not make any difference at all? 

Message 5 of 16 (79,831 Views)

With uninstalling and reinstalling you're just removing the game files and putting them back.

Do you think this sounds like your issue?

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Rotational-play-causes-Sims-to-no-longer-be-at-...

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 6 of 16 (79,825 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have tried just moving my mods folder and re-starting the game to see if I had a bad mod or something, which made no difference so I will just move the entire sims4 folder to see if it makes a difference. 

In terms of the link you posted, I don't have that problem my sim will simply just not move at all, if I tell her to go to work the sim action just disappears and they just stand around as if nothing was clicked at all. (they won't even walk out of the house as if to go to work.)

Message 7 of 16 (79,826 Views)

★ Apprentice

I had a similar issue. I had a Teen who wouldn't go to High School. It only lasted a day, though, so I didn't think too much of it, but it could be related to what you're experiencing.

I don't use any mods or CC. I have the holiday expansion, Spooky Stuff, and Go To Work. I think at the time this happened, I only had The Sims 4. Later on, the whole lot aged up and then regressed spontaneously, so this one was small potatoes for me, but if it's related it might help to have the additional information.

Thanks,

-Jennifer.

Message 8 of 16 (79,814 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Thanks Jennifer I feel your pain. That is so weird but as such the work thing is the only issue I have had. I just removed my sims4 folder (to the desktop. Not completely) and I'm going to see if it will work now
Message 9 of 16 (79,798 Views)
Highlighted

Do you have the issue in a new game as well? Could you test that?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 10 of 16 (79,788 Views)