Re: sim will not do any actions

by natabeartv

Original Post

sim will not do any actions

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? base game
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Im, not sure, this is the first time this has happened
What happens when the bug occurs? suddenly my sim didnt do any action i told her to. she would stand there, and even when her bladder tried to fail it still wouldnt. she still makes gestures, but just wont do any actions. none of my other sims in the same lot do it, only her
What do you expect to see? i expect that this problem will be fixed so my sim can move again. ive tried restarting the game, my computer, everything, but it still doesnt work.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Message 1 of 9 (597 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Have you tried the resetsim command?

Message 2 of 9 (589 Views)

Hero

Hi @Jenn2219 

did just one Sim freeze or the entire household ?

How many Sims do you have in your household ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 9 (556 Views)

★ Novice

Hello. I have a similar issue but with 7 of my 8 sims. They are all teens and they’re stuck on the driveway. They can’t do anything but their needs still go down. I have tried resetting them in several ways, moving them out, aging them up and down, deleting cache and mods, and even saving the family to my gallery, “cloning” them into a new household and placing them in a new home. Nothing works. My 8th sim is a young adult and she doesn’t have any problems. 

I really need to fix this because I was playing a challenge and I had all 7 sims from toddlers gaining all skills and completing all child aspirations...

When it happened they had aged up the night before and next morning 5 of them didn’t have the option to go to school. I assumed it was because they aged up late at night, but then the two who had the option to go couldn’t do it and they have all been stuck ever since. 

I have all expansion packs up to strangerville. 

Thank you!

Message 4 of 9 (543 Views)

Hero

HI @nikajuli 

Would you be willing to share your save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox,, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 9 (536 Views)

★ Novice

Hi! Sure, I will zip them and send them to you. 

Thank you!

Message 6 of 9 (529 Views)

Hero

Hi @nikajuli 

I tried your save. While they were all stuck when I loaded the save, I was able to unstick them by traveling to a different lot and then back

It looks like you have some piece of faulty cc that's causing issues for you.

I'm afraid you'll need to filter through all your cc to find the culprit

Use the 50/50 method: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 9 (500 Views)

★ Novice

Hi!

I was able to unstuck them. When I tried removing the mods folder before I only tried them at the house, but today I removed every mod and sent them to a different lot and it worked. I think it was some cc in the house, but I haven't found the culprit yet. I moved houses and put back all the cc in the game. At first I tried no cc, and then I tried adding a few cc furniture items. So far I had no problems.

Since they didn't get stuck again when I added back the mods, I wasn't able to try the 50/50 method, but as a precaucion I installed the better exceptions mod. I hope it will alert me whenever I encounter the faulty cc.

Thank you so much again!!

Message 8 of 9 (487 Views)

Hero

HI @nikajuli

happy hunting.

Do let us know what caused the issue once you found it (just name, no links).

Also tagging @Jenn2219  again as they state they're not using cc/mods

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (463 Views)