sim disappears traveling to sims3 university

by bgsmum14

Original Post

sim disappears traveling to sims3 university

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I am having this issue as well. I've tried to follow the linklink above. When I do I select the appropriate link from the post and am rerouted to the main message board.

Could really use a hand getting answers.

Message 1 of 2 (156 Views)

Re: sim disappears traveling to sims3 university

@bgsmum14  I've split your comment into its own thread because the previous thread was quite old.  (Also, the link in the thread doesn't work anymore because the official Sims forums were moved and reorganized years ago.)

The travel transition in TS3 is fragile and breaks easily, which is what it sounds like you're seeing now.  The first, and simplest, remedy is to delete the five cache files in your TS3 game folder (the one in Documents\EA).  They should be cleared regularly even in the absence of game issues, but while you're troubleshooting, be sure to delete them every time you quit the game.  For reference, they are:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package

If that alone doesn't help, you'll need to do everything possible to lower the demands on the game engine during travel.  Here's how:

• Empty out your sims' inventories as much as possible.  A few items are fine; a hundred may not be.
  • Quit right before you want to travel, and delete your cache files.
  • Load the Main Menu and turn off the in-game shopping experience and the hidden object interactive loading screens.
  • Also turn down all of your graphics options to the minimum settings.  (You can turn them back up when your sims(s) have arrived safely.)
  • Quit, and take your computer completely offline.  If you play through Origin, you can put it into offline mode before launching the game again.

If the travel transition is still borked, you can try again; there is some element of randomness to the issue.  But ultimately, there's not much else you can do without mods.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (139 Views)